Magnum party Oakland deli/BBQ Sat. 4/6

March 31 is better date; seems like more peeps available than the 6th.

I’ve had a really long and tough week, a training all day today, little sleep, and I have a big event Sunday. I’m hoping I can go to one of the offlines at the Yacht Club. My magnum was pulled and needs to be drunk

Looking forward to this event! Maybe it’s early, but what are people planning to bring?

I’m thinking either 2010 Ganevat Cuvee Marguerite or 2005 Bouchard Le Corton

Whichever venue is chosen is a BART and short Lyft/Uber away.

If consensus swings towards March 31st, I believe my schedule is open for that day…

I have magnums of 2001 Montelena, Togni and Pape Clement!

Dan is unavailable March 31. Everyone is available April 6 except Andrew T, and Larry is a maybe . Correct?

(My response deleted, I had not seen Alan’s earlier post)

Craig will be offroading his tricycle on the 6th.

Even more of a maybe as my daughter will probably be flying in that day. She just found out that she has a journalism assignment that will bring her to SF.

I’m still good for the 6th.

Since you’re asking LOL, I’ve always wanted to try the 2001 Togni, I suspect it’s one of his great vintages.

I’m now strongly leaning toward the sketchy large patio on San Pablo. I’ll decide in a few days. April 6.

That Bouchard needs more time or tons of air.

I’m unclear, are you also OK on the 6th?

Probably, but based on some CT notes, it’s drinking quite well right now. Those are really the two main options of somewhat ready offline-worthy magnums in my cellar. Everything else is less ready…

I may also bring a half magnum of Sauternes :smiley:

Yes, the 6th works well for me and the fam…

The only observation I have, in favor of San Pablo location, is based on unpredictability of weather so far in advance. IF there is rain that day, San Pablo location seems to be way larger inside. Just saying. Parking may be easier there as well.

Unfortunately re Andrew T and Alan, it’s April 6. Leaning toward San Pablo because if the group gets over 12 people, it will be great and Shattuck would not. People with nice cars can Uber/Lyft/BART.

Greg I drank some good Alcina pinots, how is the new venture?

New ones are a bit better, IMO, simply due to better vineyards, not that we had any substandard ones before :slight_smile:

Looking forward to this offline, thanks for arranging it. And have a Napa red Magnum ready to go.