Lyon wine sellers

Hello everyone,

I’m planning a brief getaway with my wife early next month to Lyon.

Any experience with good wine sellers there? Ideally looking for one with an online catalog. Bistro/restaurant suggestions with good winelists also welcome…

Leon de Lyon is one of my top restaurants in the world. It is the first place I go whenever visiting France.

Leon de Lyon
1, Rue Pleney-angle Rue Du Platre
Lyon 69001
Phone: 330472101112
FAX: 330472101113
reservation@leondelyon.com
http://www.leondelyon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hotel:
Hotel des Beaux-Arts
73, Rue du Président Edouard Herriot
69002 Lyon
France
Phone: +33 (4) 78 38 09 50
FAX: (+33)4/78421919

This hotel I stay at, of course, is walking distance to Leon de Lyon and a lot of the main shopping. Enjoy!

Ok other things/places:
Restaurant La Romanee
19 r. Rivet LYON
Phone: 33 (0)4 72 00 80 87

Maison Borie
3 place antonin Perrin
69007 LYON
Phone: 04.72.76.20.20
FAX: 04.37.37.10.00\

HARD TO FIND. GET DIRECTIONS, a MAP and a PHONE NUMBER with a working cell in your car. This is one of those “I can see it but how do the roads connect to it, type places” I drive up from Ampuis so that could be part of the problem, but a cab from within Lyon is probably a great idea. Too far from the hotel to walk.

Thanks Jeff, what sort of prices are there at Leon de Lyon? Without wine of course.

Thanks again,

Dave

David,

there are a few stores I can recommend, but none with an online catalogue or something like that.

If you are in Geneva - like myself - you have 3 hours to Chateauneuf and 2 hours to Burgundy. No
need to spend too much money in wine shops, buy directly at the Domaines and you´ll safe some 40% [dance-clap.gif]

Cheers
Christian

Thanks Christian,

I do love the proximity to the great regions here…we are very lucky.

Nevertheless, I still enjoy ambling about in wine stores whenever I travel…looking for interesting bottles. So far in Lyon I believe it will come down to a single wine store by the name of Antic Wines (formerly The Flying Sommelier). I’ve been in correspondence with the owner and he has some interesting Rhone wines at keen prices.

Best,

I won’t be much help on price. I always go in early January and get their full black truffle menu. I honestly have never even looked at any other option. Sorry.

David,

no a physical shop, but try http://www.coste-du-rhone.fr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for a good range of Chateauneufs,
sometimes at Domaine prices.

Cheers
Christian

You come from the US to Lyon for a truffle menue ? You surely must be a gourmet aeh gourmand…

Cheers
Christian

Not a truffle menu, but what I consider THE truffle menu.

Only Gourmard in Paris has a dish with truffles that is worthy to be included in the same sentence in my experience.