LTB 1954 Port or Sauterne (birth year present)

Looking to purchase as a gift for my sister’s 70th birthday. If available I’m not sure what the price would be, but I am interested in buying

I’m also a '54 (birthday in 2 months). You might consider Madeira (sweet or dry) or Rivesaltes. I have a bottle of the latter. I’m still on the hunt for a dry Madeira that won’t break the bank.

An acquaintance is a major Rioja collector. That’s pretty much the only region that’s worth a damn for dry reds in western Europe. He has put my name on several bottles at very favorable prices.

I found this. Any good?

1954 Domaine La Sobilane Rivesaltes

For what its worth, I’ve had great luck with 1954 wines from Piedmont…they take awhile to wake up, but are light and lively once they get going

That’s what I purchased. I don’t know as it won’t get opened until May.

I’m open to anything from 1954 if anyone has a bottle

When do you need them by? They’re not taking orders at the moment, but I bought a mixed 54 6-pack from here last year for a birthday celebration back in the winter from here: Search Results for “1954” – Winerited

Martino the owner was incredibly helpful and responsive, though this would only work if you’re planning something towards the end of the year

Thanks for the help. It’s not needed until December. I sent them an email

Have a bottle of 1954Giuseppe Mascarello Barolo.
Please email me at jmo78@comcast.net if interested.
TIA

I appreciate the offer. How much are you asking?

I’m really not sure what to ask. 1954 is my birth year as well and I’ve had three of these bottles. With a 3 to 4 hour Decant they were wonderful and better than you would think considering the vintage. I’ve had these for about five or six years in my cellar.
Make me a fair offer…thank you

I really don’t know anything about Italian wines. I’m a complete novice. I wouldn’t want to insult you with an offer. I don’t know if we’re talking about $100 wine a $500 wine or more

Just so you know, old Barolo, which I have a lot of experience with is not everybody’s cuppa tea. But to me, it is a beautiful, elegant aesthetic. The tar and balsamic notes are strong and the flavor is somewhat ethereal. This one is selling for close to $700 online. Since this is my last bottle, I would sell it at $500. Let me know your thoughts and once again thank you.

Thoughts?
Just so you know, old Barolo, which I have a lot of experience with is not everybody’s cuppa tea. But to me, it is a beautiful, elegant aesthetic. The tar and balsamic notes are strong and the flavor is somewhat ethereal. This one is selling for close to $700 online. Since this is my last bottle, I would sell it at $500. Let me know your thoughts and once again thank you.

I appreciate the offer, but I think I’m going to pass. I don’t think my sister would appreciate the wine. Thank you very much for the offer

You’re most welcome