Los Gatos CA Sept 17: Older Rhys with Kevin

I’ll be in Wyoming - sorry to miss this.

I’m in. Have an 07 Alpine that I can bring. I will see what other delites I can fish from the cellar. Going to need to start looking now. I used to laugh at those who tracked bottle locations in CT. Now I spend hours trying to find where that wine I want to drink is located. 1st world problems

Sean

Rhy whites acceptable? Think I have a 2009 Horseshoe Vineyard in my cellar…

Sounds great

People have posted that opening young (2014 2015) Rhyses right now is a waste of time

Someone should invite Kevin to this

Done.

If he can attend, no permit litigation talk allowed even if Kevin is OK with listening to it. I don’t want to monitor it.

Too many rules, George.

Are you serious? If you’re serious I have to disinvite him, you can organize your own dinner.

Edited: Craig was not serious.

Knock knock

Who’s there?

Control freak. Now you say control freak who.

Sorry, this was just a joke. I thought you would know.

Kevin replies that he will attend if harvest lets him.

The only wines I can locate quickly are the ones that I know I will specifically need for a theme event (Rhys, Ridge, one particular Burgundy vineyard), or for a particular person eg my brother’s birth year wine. Those are all kept together. The vast majority of times I open wine, I just look randomly and grab what appeals.

Found the 07 Alpine Pinot looking for something else the other day.

Sea

Metaphor for life unless you’re Bono

It seems about the time where no further people will chime in and several will drop out so I expect 14 without having to say no to anyone.

I should be a pretty firm yes. Is there room for Laura W?

Yes.

I’m going to drop out of this event. Hopefully I’ll be able to make future Los Gatos offlines.

I just found out about this - Wes forwarded me a link some time ago but it fell into the cracks. I haven’t been on here in quite a while.
Alison and I may be interested if there’s room. I think my only Rhys is a magnum of 06 Alpine, but I see that’s already claimed.
Let me see what else I’ve got; I know I have some Windy Oaks, I think I’ve got an 09 Woodside, and I do have some Sarah’s Vineyard stickies.

Dave, if you do attend, I can switch to another wine so you can bring your 06.