Lopawine.com Thread

Anyone biting on the Pecorino?

1 Like

Is it a natural, orange wine, with oxidative notes? That all sounds awful to me.

Grabbed some of the Mouzon rose.

Picked up some 2013 Savart L’Annee

AD, i never got the Savart offer. Wonder what happened, as i don’t want to miss offers.

I guess the upside this time is that it doesn’t matter as I gave up on Savart, as they can’t bother to answer email or messages from a customer. I’m not going to buy stuff from producers who can’t bother with their customers.

+1 on all of this. I am (was) a big fan of Savart, but have some less than stellar interactions with them. Weird.

Dennis, so I am not alone. Huh. Was it a communication issue with Savart?

I also did not get this offer.

Same here

2013 Savart has been listed on their website for several weeks now, so I’m guessing there wasn’t an offer…he probably just purchased these bottles off of the site.

Correct, first time actually checking the site since it was up and running (instead of just emails). Seemed like a decent deal so jumped.

Yes. Lack of and then tone. General disinterest. I moved on.

Appreciate the feedback on your experience. I’ve only had the L’ouverture so wanted to try one of the other releases, but given the abundance of quality champagne at the price point, will keep this in mind.

Dennis, thanks for the clarification on Savart. Looks like they have lost 2 customers, then.

Jamet vertical.
Lets see if I got’em. Was only interested in 2012.

You guys are welcome to do whatever you want, but for an operation like Savart answering downstream emails might not be a priority. His customers are really the importers/wholesalers who buy his wine and sustain his business (Grand Cru for at least the East Coast). I think the wines are superb and am happy to have less competition but I think that your expectations for the prioritization of your correspondence might be a little high and I think you might be taking it a bit too personally. Also, did you write to him in French? Are you sure everything translated the way both of you intended?

Nathan, here is the reminder of the topic, one where I was in the minority as to my opinion. You were in this thread, as well. Corked Champagne--what is the right recourse? - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

And I did use French to communicate with him, via his website. I moved on, I don’t buy the wines anymore.

French through google translate or are you a fluent speaker? Anyway, as I said, you can do what you like and I wish you no ill will. I just think that you are being unrealistic to expect Mssr. Savart to make your case of a single corked wine a priority.

Also, you seem to buy a lot of your Champagne through grey market sources. When you go to Champagne do you tell the folks your visiting this fact? The grey market is an end around, their official importer is how they sustain their business and livelihood.

Nathan, it’s the winery’s decision to answer their customer traffic or not. They didn’t, but if you’re gonna put a Contact button on your site, and a customer pings through there that they had a negative experience, I would like to believe they would respond. And yes, I did use Google Translate, as it has seemed to work suitably for when I want to try and at least meet people on their terms of language, not mine. We disagree on what is realistic here. I simply would have liked them to ack the issue with me. This is how I would want to treat my customers if I ran a winery.

My recall of my 2018 trip was that I do not remember one winery even asking me where I bought my wines.

Thread drift in progress? [help.gif]

2 Likes