Looking for an inexpensive very dry and crisp sparkling rosé (for wife's birthday cocktail)

My wife’s huge 50th birthday bash is coming up next month, and the ‘signature cocktail’ will be a play on the French 75. It has the following:

Belvedere Blackberry Vodka, sparkling rosé, black currant liqueur, butterfly pea flower

We tried 4 rosés to find one that worked well, only one did pretty well, just not ‘perfectly’ - Trader Joe’s La Burgondie Rosé. My wife first had the cocktail at a restaurant in Vegas, and her comment (other than how delicious it was) revolved around how refreshing it was and how she could drink it all night, never got syrupy feeling.

Creme de Cassis is, obviously, a ‘syrup’ but in trying the various sparkling rosé wines we found a huge difference amongst them all, some had a syrupy finish. Need to keep it affordable (target $15/bottle but might have to go to $20) as I’m guessing it will be the most popular cocktail at the party.

Suggestions??

Why don’t you use a still dry rose and add a bit of sparkling water.

oh I like that idea! or even just one of the rosé sparklings with an extra splash of sparkling water/club soda

How about trying it with a Rosé Prosecco?

I was thinking of that, or cava - which would be drier/crisper, in general?

1 Like

Gruet Rose fits the bill for this sort of role. Pretty widely available too.

It does? Very widely available so that would work well if it’s dry

There are also some rose tzakolinas that are affordable that may fit the bill.

https://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1688674&searchId=5f8a6a50-a2b6-4889-95f5-15b6ae1e291e&searchServiceName=klwines-prod-productsearch&searchRank=8

About as dry as your regular brut champagne.

1 Like

Love tzakolina but is it ‘sparkling’ enough? Normally they are just lightly fizzy

That one is pretty sparkling. You can always add a touch more sparkling water.

1 Like

That particular tzakolina used to be our house summer drink

Get a Rosé and run it through a SodaStream. We love ours!

1 Like

ha, yeah, easier to find a super dry rose - we used to have a sodastream, no more!

Gruet does a Sauvage Rose which about 3g/l RS. Great option.

You should be able to find a cava rose that may do the job but I would try a couple ahead of time because some of them can be a little candied which I don’t really enjoy.

Yes, we found that in some of our tests - the candied quality just ruins it

For now I"m grabbing these from a local Bevmo (realizing two are not rose, technically, and waiting for them to get Poema rosé back in stock

Pere Mata Rosé Cava would work well if you can find it.

3 Likes

That should hopefully workout well. We use cava for our aperol spritz’s and other cocktails so we go through it like water literally I believe we went through 15 cases(not just the 2 of us) last yr mostly Juve y Camps and Raventos.

2 Likes

It’s not a bad idea, this is our tailgate sparkler. It can be a little heavy as a topper. I still like Raventos rose or a nice rose Prosecco. They seem to blend better in these kind of situations.

1 Like