***LOOK AGAIN, NOW UPDATED WITH COMPLETE MENU*** Oh boy, tough pairing... Lowcountry Boil (SC)

if its not particularly discerning palates, I would go muscadet, chardonnay/white burg, or champagne. I will say though, when im in the mood for a red im happy to pair it with just about whatever the heck I want. Im not a big rose fan, but the enfield foot tread rose is especially food friendly and pairs with everything, as is the Susucaru rose/rosso.

PS- if your boil is near the upstate I’ll bring some champagne! haha

Crawfish boil is specific. Needs Abita.

Sadly, the idea of Abita outshines the actual product. Several years ago the quality took a dive (from the taste of it, before I moved there in 2015). I like The Boot but haven’t found anything else from them that tastes distinct from any of the other mass-produced products. The Amber is a shell of it’s former self.

Champagne, Sancerre, or Kabinett.

Agree with Muscadet or off-dry Riesling

The food doesn’t sound that hard to match: you want something simple because this will be on the beach (right?) and sand is incompatible with complexity. Pick an Spanish godello or albarino or a Portuguese white. Something with acidity but roundness. I would worry about the environment, as Charlie alludes to…might want plastic glasses.

Markus, that’s funny. I can remember asking my wife to put the glass to my mouth because my hands were too dirty. Usually involves a trade of crab or shrimp peeled and ready to eat!!

I like the Iberian ideas, but would personally lean toward Italy. Italian whites provide lots of great choices. Etna Bianco (Carricante), Vermentino, Verdicchio, Soave, Gavi, Greco di Tufo, Fiano. All of these would be versatile, refreshing, and work (to my thinking). Also, they aren’t terribly expensive.

Cheers,
fred

Txakolina rose. Ameztoi makes a great one.