Loire is dead at retail

You can probably trade 8 cases of huet for O r Rousseau chambertin with the right pair of eyes

Germany is dead at retail too.

Why is Binny’s the be all and end all of wine shopping? Just because it’s the biggest in Chicago area? Just like with Burgundy, Specs in Houston has a large selection of Loire wines including SB, PN, and Chinon.

Huet is only one letter away from Hunt.

And Hurt

Is Clos Rougeard available at Binnys?

Doesn’t Binnys stock it next to the Burgundy and MacDonald?

The selection of Loire wines varies greatly at different Binny’s locations. There are other good wine stores in the Chicago area other than Binny’s that have nice Loire selections.

Loire wines doesn’t seem to be one of the most popular categories with the general public. This doesn’t help.

bout time somebody finally got there

The wine manager at our LWS says the Chenin Blancs particularly Vouvray have been selling briskly during the holidays. He keeps most of them priced below $22.

Jayson…don’t let Alfert snow u!!! He doesn’t even buy the only chinon we have here in Bore’lando, while I have already been thru a case!

So you are saying you want in? On the cabal? We have a flexible membership policy if you are willing to dedicate your life to cornering the US Chinon market.

Loire is red hot, it is the number 1 selling category at Anker. In all fairness, the people buying a lot of Loire, aren’t really shopping at Binny’s.

That’s awesome, but where are folks going for retail options in Chicago?

Loire chenin blanc has never been big bit Loire sauv blanc is hot. Muscadet is making a comeback. Red Saumur is bigger than ever—not saying a lot.

Loire? dead?, so much wine, so little time

Not sure I’d say Sancerre and Pouilly Fume are exactly hot but from unscientific observation they do seem to be moving well through our local Monopolista, including some upper mid range wines. I also saw Dagenau on one agents email a few months ago.
I’d agree Voyvray may have a bit of an image problem in the general market. (Contrast with South African Chenin which is hot right now).

Vinic Wines
Red and White
Perman Wine

etc.etc
Not to mention Pastorial, Knightsbridge, Lush, Anderson, HDH, Flickengers, Vin Chicago, Que Syrah, etc , there are plenty of thoughtful wine shops

Well I guess I don’t follow directions well. In my cellar 15 cases that include Huet, Chidaine, Baudry, Breton, Rougeard, Cotat, Couly-Dutheil, Lucien Crochet, Foreau, Joguet, Mellot, Pepiere, Raffault, Vacheron and others. Some bought retail some “mail-order.” Love Chinon, Sancerre. Francois Cotat’s Sancerre Chavignol Rose is my favorite rose.

I’m in brother! grouphug
Is there a hazing process? Like do I have to drink vile overripe cali cab franc or one of Alfert’s South American One Off’s to prove my commitment?