Letter from Alex and Graeme MacDonald

Order placed for my two cases. Couldn’t be simpler.

EEeyeEEeyeOH :wink:

By the way - although they are at the core of the To Kalon Vineyard, that name does not appear on their bottle because Mondavi, and now Constellation Brands, trademarked it years ago.

Hi Scott, long time no chat - hope you and Pam are well, and keeping those Mt P folks in line. Michelle

What a fabulous write-up!

[whistle.gif]

Long time indeed. You know how to find us.
S

Anyone know if the offering sold out today to previous customers? Assuming it did but holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, there’s some left…

I would assume not. There is more wine available this year than last. Likewise last year there was more wine available than the year before. Since previous purchasers get first shot I imagine after 1-2 days the offer will go live to new customers.
I was one of the ones lucky enough to be both offered and with a fast enough trigger finger was successful at getting an allocation before the quick sell out. I would imagine that in the next couple of days the offer will go out to people that have not purchased before. I imagine it will sell out quickly thereafter.

But by “more wine” we are talking a few dozen cases, if that.

How is it allocated? Is it limited to 3 packs?

Got mine! champagne.gif

JD

Stephen,
This is my third vintage as a buyer, and I was offered one three pack. It’s an easy buy for me each year. I’d love to get more, but clearly the demand outpaces production.
Cheers,
Warren

Thanks, Warren. It seemed like I had read 3 packs or $450 a few times in various threads.

Took my 3-pack, there was no WL to exercise that I could find - I would certainly have asked for more.

No mags? IIRC, I’ve seen a photo with Sol holding a big bottle.

yep, a 3-pack - nothing fancy, previous buyers get theirs and some runway to add new wait-list fans.

I think that is smart of those guys…appreciate sticking with $150 too, but they control the grapes/land so to an extent they can do what they well please. Theirs is great story + hands-on, high touch customer service, good combo.

I will never pass on my allocation. This stuff is simply out of this world, and has no equal in Napa.

What is the per bottle price on the mailing list offer? I don’t see it listed in the thread.

Edit - never mind - looks like it’s $150/bottle.

So I’ve got a few vintages of this in the cellar but have never popped one. How crazy would I be to open a 2010 now and check it out?

I mean, I see that the enthusiasm for the wine is pretty universal, and my interactions with the family have been incredible. From the CT tasting notes it seems a 24-hour double decant is in order, along with a couple of hours in a regular decanter prior to serving. Anyone else with prior experience care to chime in with recommendations?

I drank a '10 last November. At their suggestion, I pulled the cork 24 hours in advance, decanted, poured the wine back in the bottle and let it sit overnight in the cellar without a cork. Prior to dinner, I decanted another 2 hours. It was the WOTN by a HUGE margin. I dont have that much high end Cali Cab experience but I think this was the finest that I have ever had. Regretfully, I shared/traded 1 bottle of the '10 3-pack for something else that I really wanted and to give an opportunity to someone else. That being the case, I only have 1 - '10 left. It will be a while before I pop that one and it wil be the last MacDonald that I don’t drink myself.