Leaking 2015 Leroy?

Thx Michael, that answers my question!

And as for the OP, I’ve never had Leroy that didn’t have a soaked cork, which oftentimes has lead to mold underneath the capsule (as others have posted).

That said, I’d be quite concerned about all the leakers…

Nearly every bottle of my 09s leaked. Shipped in late winter, in styro, definitely never warm.
They fill the things so damn high.
My 15 Jayer/Rouget Ech leaked most recently shipped in cool weather. The air bubble is almost non-existent.

MK

Soooo waz up here…

On the rare occasion back in the day they were lazy asses and put some white caps on the Domaine. Just like they swapped red capsule and red wax

I don’t know the explanation, but certainly this was not uncommon practice back in the day, and several of the UK bottlers used to do it. That would have been before the era of paraffin or silicone cork coatings, of course. I’ll ask when I’m at Domaine d’Auvennay in a couple of weeks.

They bottle the wines in the way that they believe is optimal. And the bottles tend to show pretty well. So maybe they are not doing it wrong after all…

Other than someone not named Kris Patten apparently got their order from Premier Cru??!!

Leaky Leroy…This is completely normal for them…and many times u will see mold on the top of the cork

Looks to me the white capsule bottles are Euro bottles not meant for export…the back label in french, and front label stamped product of France. The red waxed bottle is labeled for export to US with english back label.

BTW, Madame was absolutely right on declassifying the 04s… if you are sensitive to the 04 taint.

Did you ship ground or air?

It’s all true about the high fills and potential for leakage, very common. But for you, having removed the capsules makes it impossible for you to make any attempt at returns as you have nullified the tamper proof capacity. I recommend you just drink the ugly one now and wait on the the others.

Btw…what are the wines?

Surprised it took this long

Cannot understand the financial logic. Leroy makes the most expensive wines. Every drop is worth 100’s of $$. Why over fill?? [wow.gif]

I have purchased wines from Leroy as far back as the 1990 vintage. Most showed seepage. So far the wines have always been fine.

I have the same experience as Rick . Most showed seepage , wines were fine .
But I am puzzled by the statement that Leroy ( and d’Auvenay ) over fill . I have the opposite experience. A lot of them have significant to alarmingly low levels . I always had the impresiin she under filled .
( this is not about Leroy negoce , she buys the corked finished bottles and put her negoce label on it )