LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread (Part 2)

First bottle is the sister company of LB, I have purchased many bottles from them and think they run a great shop. Good pricing and selection.

3 Likes

They also own invino.com, but it is like a clearance site for last bottle level wines.

No doubt this is their strategy to pad profits with above market prices.

Congrats - itā€™s a bigger investment but with such large formats, itā€™s a safer bet IMO since they age so much slower and are less susceptible to temperature spikes. The 2005 Pauillac GCC is probably not even starting to get close to prime drinking window. For your October event you might consider the 3L GCC instead and tuck that big girl away in someone place cool & dark.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming everyone who bought this Harvest Marathon round got this email? Iā€™ve bought in at 2 Marathons previously and this is new. You fill out the survey with your shipping preferences (anyone in the South should NOT ship before November,) but more importantly they give this ā€œMarathon Overtimeā€ survey link letā€™s you can pick out leftovers wines in quantities 1 - 6 bottles of each that you might have missed. While there may not be killer deals I like it because you can take time to research the wine and fill out a 6, 12, or 15 pack case. I added a couple of inexpensive daily drinkers to fill out a 6 pack. You can fill out the link multiple times and I guess they just use the last one before the deadline.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @Vasanth_Balakrishnan. I bought five bottle this sale and have NOT gotten that email. Iā€™ve actually thought in the past that it would be nice if I could round up my bottle quantity after the sale.

1 Like

@DannyM Iā€™m not sure if the links are unique per account but try this and enter the email for your LB account: 2023 Harvest Marathon: Southern Hub + Overtime

1 Like

Thank you for taking your time to send the link - It works!

1 Like

Sadly no Comtes 6-liter.

1 Like

@DannyM Pas grave, happy to help out a fellow WB.

Not exactly a ā€œround upā€ bottle

2 Likes

I think everyoneā€™s strategy is to pad profits. They know we are suckers with FOMO. Dangle something tasty and weā€™ll bite. Only to find out later itā€™s not so great of a deal but not necessary above market prices. Prices are so varied that virtually every store or website has something ā€œabove marketā€. Thatā€™s our job to weed it out and get ourselves the best deal. To ask a retailer to do that for us by allowing ample time to research is not in their best interest.

1 Like

Absolutely, agree with you there. Thatā€™s why I like forums like this. FWIW, check my other post in the thread about the encore offer after this Marathon ended - nice way to take your time, look at the menu of remaining bottles and fill out a case only if you see a deal with the wines.

Personally, I looked at the offerings from the email, and it just seems like a laundry list of the stuff that keeps showing up serially. In other words, stuff they are desperately trying to get rid of.

3 Likes

Interesting! I used your link and saw the overtime offers. I did receive an email from LastBottle about shipping, but no mention of overtime offers. It was a totally different email with a peace sign hand as the graphic instead of the marker and lined paper above. I donā€™t want to bite on any of the extra offers, but since I am at 10 bottles, I was also thinking I might wanna add two to get to a round case. Very interesting.

1 Like

yeah. most of it looked very weak sauce .

2 Likes

I would agree - I was looking for sub $15 weekday quaffers in white & rosƩ and I found those.

Welpā€¦ budget went out the window again. Ended up with the following. Iā€™ve had the Louis Michel and the Lost and Found previously, but wondering if anyone else has had experience with any of these? With the exception of the Fattoria (and maybe the Ar.Pep.Pep?), I wasnā€™t planning on letting any of these nap.

Tenuta Delle Terre Nere Etna Rosso Calderara Sottana 2016
Lost and Found Chardonnay The Nines Vineyard Sonoma Mountain Sonoma County 2019
Domaine Chauveau Pouilly-Fume 2020
Rafael Palacios Louro Godello 2020
K Vintners Red Blend Roma River Rock Vineyard Walla Walla Valley Columbia Valley 2016
Fattoria di Felsina Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia 2016
Pyramid Valley Sauvignon Blanc North Canterbury 2019
Ar.Pe.Pe. Valtellina Superiore Grumello Santā€™Antonio Riserva 2013
Kalin Cellars Pinot Noir Cuvee DD Sonoma County 1999
Xavier Vignon Vins Arcane Le Fou NV
Domaine Louis Michel & Fils Butteaux Chablis Premier Cru Vieilles Vignes 2018
Molino Barbaresco Teorema 2018
Pacheco Pereda Cabernet Franc Estirpe Agrelo Vineyard Mendoza Argentina 2021
School House Vineyards Pinot Noir Spring Mountain District Napa Valley 2019

1 Like

What was their price on this?

$69. Iā€™ve yet to try one of their wines so Iā€™m looking forward to that occasion.

1 Like