LastBottleWines.com (Last Bottle Wines) Deal Discussion Thread (Part 2)

I feel like the marathons sometimes have some just plain bad deals and they think maybe people will just buy it without thinking too hard due to the short window to pull the trigger.

yes;
also because there isnt a 3+ free shipping so people will take flyers on them

1 Like

Completely agree, where else can you buy a single bottle of something (that you maybe have wanted to ā€œsampleā€) and get free shipping now days??? I donā€™t participate much anymore in this marathon (used to quite a bit), however when you are just starting out it is a great way to dip into wines from around the world for very small initiation fee.

4 Likes

Bit on the Molitor Spatlese.

1 Like

I just opened the Day 2 marathon email. They are taking requests via social media. Thatā€™s pretty cool.

I like the times of different regions too. Letā€™s see how it plays out.

2 Likes

Molitors have been generally good deals at the marathon. Been buying here and there.

2 Likes

6:liter Comteā€™s up :hushed:

2 Likes

Swear someone (WBā€™er) bought that last marathon???..

1 Like

Agree with this 100%. There was 2018 Etude Napa Cab at $75. It is available elsewhere at $57

Would you mind sharing? I missed that email. Specifically interested in the timing of Italian regions, not sure if Iā€™m too late. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thereā€™s been a few Italian wines in a row now. Hereā€™s the list from their email:

• 2:00-2:20ā€“ Italia in Bottiglia
  • 2:20-2:40ā€“ Joie de Vin (France)
  • 2:40-3:00ā€“ Wein WĆ¼nders (Germany & Austria)
  • 3:00-3:20ā€“ Cali Classics
  • 3:20-3:40ā€“ South of the Equator (Southern Hemisphere)
  • 3:40-4:00ā€“ Spectacular Spain
1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s now back to mostly italy (7pm EST)

1 Like

Thank you so much! Specifically hoping for Amarone but havenā€™t seen one the entire time. Not sure if itā€™s just my bad luck or if they are just not common offerings.

I think if youā€™re looking for something specific, last bottle marathon isnā€™t the place

eg

both have some good deals on amarones. Iā€™m sure other beserkers have their 2c on online sourcesā€¦

No I know, Iā€™m open to the fun of the random offeringsā€¦but now Iā€™ve gotten a bunch of stuff and just wish I could round it out the marathon with one bottle of amarone. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the pointer, Iā€™ll check those vendors out too.

I am always a little uncertain buying non-vintage bubbly. Is it from last year, or last century?

1 Like

I bit on the Caā€™Erto Amarone della Valpolicella 2016. No idea if it was a good idea or not, but I felt like Iā€™d been waiting forever and finally one appeared. Itā€™s a dangerous setup, this marathon!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve avoided the marathons for some time, but was sucked in my two big bottles.

My damage was:

• 2005 Chateau Branaire-Ducru Saint-Julien Grand Cru Classe (Double Magnum 3L)
  • 2005 Chateau Duhart-Milon Pauillac Grand Cru Classe 2005 (6L)

I have a dinner in October that the 6L will be opened up. Hopefully it doesnā€™t suckā€¦haha!

1 Like

Halcon Pets LFG.

1 Like