Last Minute Napa Visit Help Needed

Taylor’s Refresher…

No, Mr Smyth feels that it’s the duty of the HOST to consider what’s in his GUESTS’ best interests.

And their best interests are not necessarily going to align perfectly with host’s own geekish obsessions and compulsions.

But if you wanna take the typical 350lb American tourist, with a matching 350mg/dL LDL cholesterol score, get him sloshed on gallons of Napa valley wine, take him for a drive on the hairpin turns of Spring Mountain, have him vomit in the back seat of your car, and end the day by taking his cold dead body to the morgue [because of the massive heart attack which felled him], then have at it, dude.

Or maybe you’ll get really lucky, and in your inebriated state, you’ll just drive right over the edge of one of those Spring Mountain overpasses.

WTF do I care?

As long as no innocent bystanders are harmed in the process.

Wow, “gallons of Napa Valley wine” you say?

Where do you taste?

Del Blotto?

that’s quite a precise translation you did there.

I like the idea of fitting in a bubbly producer to mix it up a bit. Schramsberg is my favorite bubbly, but it’s way up at the north end of the valley. Domaine Carneros is probably the best pick for combination of location, quality and beauty.

I must have missed the part where Mr. Davidson said that his family members are 350 lbs and suffer from dyslipidemia. I also didn’t see the part where he said they intended to get “sloshed.”
You seem to have a preoccupation with weight and diet.
I’m pretty sure he just wanted tasting recommendations, but I’m sure he’ll regard the unsolicited commentary on public health as a great bonus.

Jesus, why does a simple thread turn into a bitch fest attacking a guy for wanting to do 3/4 wineries in a day.

Nathan - unless there is a sarcasm i dont get that’s a real douche bag post, talking about him having a deadly car crash ??? get your head out of your ass and stop being a little bitch

I love them, my sister in law hates them. My love for them is the more valid opinion! champagne.gif

It’s the most disparate wine opinion she and I share.

Anyways…great recommendation and a great way to start the day!

Keep in mind Alpha Omega is open late and may be a good finishing spot if it’s near your dinner destination.

Now, at dinner, be sure to order healthy food that isn’t fried or contains trans fats. No simple carbs, no unhealthy fats. Skip dessert, maybe have a vegan main course. It’s the considerate thing to do. [stirthepothal.gif]

Be sure to guzzle less than two gallons of wine and remember, a gentleman always carries ‘scrunchies’ to help hold back a lady’s hair at the vomitorium.

He’s just worried about the body count.

You seem to be forgetting mental health.

Mike, regarding the dinner portion. I was honestly a little disappointed with both Ad Hoc and Thomas’ other restaurant, Bouchon. Perhaps my expectations were too high after hearing glowing reviews, I am not sure. But thought both did not deliver on the tariff.

Mustards was another place I considered and regretted not trying after my unfavorable experiences at Ad Hoc and Bouchon.

Although a different style, I’ve had good meals at Farmstead everytime and they are cool with you bringing your own (from what I remember).

Although I don’t believe they take reservations, ZuZu in downtown Napa was by far the best meal I had in the Valley. (I will qualify that statement with saying I never tried the French Laundry, so I am sure people would say that is the best meal in town, albeit very expensive.)

Dang, you just made me hungry. I like all the ones you listed.

Also, a very kind word for Bistro Jeanty. I have a dumb food allergy and they treated me like a jewel…along with some delicious food!

I’ve been really wanting to try Charter Oak.

Mike!

Just so you know, you are obligated to tell us what you end up doing.

Also heard great things from Bistro Jeanty.

I am sure there are also plenty of stuff I am omitting, the places I mentioned were more from personal experience/research.

Agreed with Anton, hope to hear how it goes.

Agree on Bistro Jeanty!!

Thanks all for the many replies! On the wine, the bubbly to start is growing on me followed by spring mountain. Still waiting to hear from Barnett but Pride and Keenan won’t be an issue. Cain isn’t open on Sunday’s. Considered Vineyard 7&8 which I enjoyed a visit to myself but I think that’s too “focused” for them.

On food, I’m looking for something not insanely expensive for them for dinner but otherwise I am open (fortunately my marathon running sister can afford the calories). I’ve been to Ad Hoc and Mustards and Jeanty albeit years ago and enjoyed them all so perhaps I will let them browse the menus and decide. Mustards probably being the “safest” bet of the bunch? And close to Alpha Omega as their last stop.

If your companions haven’t been to Yountville before, see what they think of JCB Collection Prive right there in Yountville. champagne.gif

I have no comment on the wines.

Google “JCB Collection Yountville” and hit ‘images.’

There’s a certain audience for the JCB Tasting Salon, which is to say, it’s not for most regulars on this board. We stopped by during our last visit. It’s wayyyy over the top for me. The wife thought it was fun. As for the wines, there are some legitimately good ones.

We always enjoy walking around Yountville in general and would recommend it to any new visitors to the area.