Ladd Cellars - Chardonnay, Pinot, Cab Franc...Closed!

:ideograph_advantage: ideograph_advantage: ideograph_advantage:

Ladd Cellars Berserker Day 15 Offer!

I make Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from West Sonoma Coast, Sebastopol and the deep end of the Anderson Valley. I also make Cabernet Franc, Zinfandel from higher elevation Sierra Foothills. For each, I choose vineyards with interesting/complex soils, old vines (20+ year old)…picked early for interesting, complex & nuanced wines.

Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, about to make new little grapes!

Popup Links to CellarTracker notes follow each section below:

The Classics Chardonnay 3 pack $95
One bottle each:
2021 Cuvee Voile Chardonnay
2017 Cuvee Voile Chardonnay
2016 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay

Offering two different Voile Chardonnays two years in a row! The Voile workers (sous voile yeast) have been on strike so not sure what the future holds. The Sous Voile Chards are from two old vine vineyards, both more than 40 year old vines, that are far away from each other, yet are kissing cousins in character (the Sonoma Coast above, plus another NorCal vineyard with the same soil/ripening/position characteristics).

The voile character is subtle, and is used to reveal more of the vineyard character (geeky: in addition to ethanol, fermentation produces glycerol, an alcohol that’s one step away from being a sugar, and can give the wine a sweet-ish character…the Voile consumes some/much of the glycerol, allowing more of the vineyard character to show through).

CellarTracker links: 2017 Voile, 2016 SC

The Mixed Chardonnay 3 pack $84
One bottle each:
2021, 2017 & 2015 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay

A great trio. From a Sonoma Coast vineyard with 40 year old vines and sedimentary soil (Burgundy as well), my strong preference for a top quality chardonnay.

The character of my various Chardonnay can be described as a variation of: Citrus and lemon rind, white stone fruit, yellow apples, minerality and saline character, no tropical fruit (with sufficient air and/or cellar time for certain wines), excellent all natural acidity, and little or no oak (2018 was the first entirely neutral oak barrels, prior to that 5-15% oak was typical)

I’m making some of the best Burgundian styled Chardonnay, both Voile and Normale, on the West Coast.

CellarTracker links: 2015, 2017

Anderson Valley Pinot Noir in the middle of being picked!

The Classics Pinot 3 pack $96
One bottle each:
2008 Moore Ranch, Russian River Pinot Noir
2013 Nash Mill Vineyard, Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
2013 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir

This group leans towards an old world style.

CellarTracker links: 2008 Moore Ranch, 2013 Nash Mill Vineyard, 2013 RRV

The Mixed Pinot 3 pack $90
One bottle each:
2015 Moore Ranch, Russian River Pinot Noir
2012 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
2014 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir

This group leans towards an new world style.

CellarTracker links: 2015 Moore Ranch, 2012 Anderson Valley, 2014 RRV

The Mixed Up 3 pack $78
One bottle each:
2020 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay
2012 Anderson Valley Pinot Noir
2015 Musick, Sierra Foothills Primitivo

CellarTracker links: 2020 Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, 2012 Anderson Valley, 2015 Primitivo

Foothills Cabernet Franc about to be picked! No photoshop on those amazing leaves btw

The Mixed Foothills Adventure 3 Pack $73
One bottle each:
2017 Giesler Baron Vineyard Sierra Foothills Cabernet Franc
2019 Giesler Baron Vineyard Sierra Foothills Cabernet Franc
2015 Avio Sierra Foothills Zinfandel

This group leans to an old world style…the Zin less than the others, but even then.

There’s a recent WB thread on Cab Franc that’s a worthwhile read.

CellarTracker links: 2019 Cab Franc, 2017 Cab Franc, 2015 Zinfandel

Shipping:
Shipping is a flat rate, depending on the state: $4 in Ca, $6 in West Coast States and $8 for the rest of the country.

I can ship to the following states:
AZ AR CA CO CT DE DC FL GA ID IL IN IA KS LA ME MD MA MI MN MO MT NE NV NJ NM NY NC OH OK OR PA SC TN TX VT VA WA WV WI WY

Ordering!!
Please send me a message (or email me at eric@laddcellars.com) with what you would like to order, along with your email, and your shipping address, until my webpage is finished being updated. Sorry for the hasssle

Keep an eye out for my email, esp in your spam folder, or better yet put my email in your email whitelist.

\

Thanks for your interest!

1 Like

In for mixed foothills, classics pinot and chard. thanks Eric!

1 Like

Order in for another year. Thanks Eric!

1 Like

New producer for me – but not for long! Order a mix of things! Thanks Eric!

1 Like

In the for the classics… Cuvee Voile Chardonnay is the Bomb!

2 Likes

Order in, love the pinots

1 Like

Order in!

Ladd consistently offers high level, ageworthy, classically-styled wines at prices that are like grocery store plonk. And Eric is a terrific guy, you’ll be happy to support his passion.

1 Like

Hey,

Thanks for all the interest and support! What a time to have a hosting glitch, working to get it resolved but not sure when.

Make sure you write down what you want cuz it’s not always making it to my side. Assume it;ll be resolved later today I’m hoping.

All your orders are in! Just gotta get the details in line.
Thanks!

Order in for 2x foothills packs! Pumped to try the cab franc!

1 Like

Looks like your website took my order for 2 of the Mixed Chardonnay 3 packs.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,
Roger O

Followup email sent today.

1 Like

That’s great thanks!

Reloading!

1 Like

Awesome!

Unfortunately there’s a glitch with my website…what did you order?

With all the chaos, I’ll get back to you sometime next week.

Hope you’re doing well!

Thanks very much!
Eric

Hi Eric, just ordered a Mixed Chard and a Mixed Foothills pack. I’ll email you with a PDF of the order page.
Thanks much!

1 Like

I’ve always loved Eric’s acid-driven Chards, and didn’t know he did cab franc OR Zinfandel - WHUT - so I’m in for that 3-pack for sure

1 Like

Hey Billy…nice combo to order! When I ship it I’ll send you some thoughts on how to get them to show their best, woo hoo.

Back for more this year. Love the fact you you are oferring pinot with some age. Also love the CT links - makes my research so much easier. FYI - the link to the '15 Moore Ranch is not working but I found it!

Am I not able to buy (4) of the same 3-pack? Limit of 2?

1 Like

In for a case. Some of the best values in California…

1 Like

Not available for Alaska?