LA wine theft

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/thieves-steal-over-700k-worth-of-rare-wines-in-daring-break-in-at-southern-california-store/ar-AA1dkoOb?cvid=3fea9754a55d40879983f9ab9f26cf13&ei=16

Never heard of the store.

1 Like

That’s sad news. I’ve only been to Lincoln Fine Wines a few times but they gave good service and prices are good.

6 Likes

Absolutely awful :disappointed:

2 Likes

Lovely store. Purchased from them several times. I didn’t remember they had so much high end stuff there but I rarely browse such offerings in stores.

Ballsy break-in. The store is right on Lincoln/PCH/Sepulveda. They say 600 bottles in the story which is 50 cases so I’m guessing they had more than one car.

5 Likes

That’s terrible. Lincoln Fine Wines is a great shop for sure. As ambitious as the crime was, surely it’s not going to be a hard one to track down.

5 Likes

Bought from them a few times, they have a really good selection of wine.

Rumblings on social media of perhaps an inside job?

Cheers

3 Likes

Terrible. I shopped there a few times, knowledgable staff too.

1 Like

Great shop. Sucks.

5 Likes

not sure what’s the basis other than they knew what to steal and where. But if you just browse the store once you’ll see all the high end wines are in a separate room. It’s not like they only picked the cherries of the cherries, they stole pretty much everything. Since no one has any clue who it is, that seems kinda sucky to cast a light on the people that work there.

The thieves left a few rayas and raveneau on the shelf.

8 Likes

Well only somebody that was there would know. :grinning:

2 Likes

Mini Coopers? :joy:

1 Like

How was an alarm not triggered? Liquor/wine stores typically have alarms with motion sensors. It seems very strange to have that much high end wine and not have a good security system.

That’s really sad. I liked thst store a lot and the owner and staff were really friendly.

2 Likes

Deleted.

Man, the hole they cut seems like overkill-it’s huge. Article didn’t specify how he got the bottles up through the hole.

5 Likes

“The Italian Wine Job”

How fast can Chat GPT put together a script?

2 Likes

That photo shows an undisturbed rack of Sine Qua Non left behind. That narrows down the suspect pool. I think our AFWE folks here need to account for there whereabouts that night. Alibis please, who will start first?

1 Like

Perhaps they didn’t like the style :laughing:

1 Like

Fixed it for you?

1 Like