La Paulee 2011 NYC

Sue and I will be first-timers at the Grand Tasting on Saturday; probably all I can handle after flying in from Europe the prior evening. Looking forward to it!

Here is a picture of Randy (on the left) and me (on the right - green jacket) that Panos took at a recent offline. Hope that this helps and that we get to meet a lot of you.

164008_479581830996_681945996_6334484_1038052_n

Andy, are you going to any other events than the Grand Tasting? That’s the only one I am not attending, but would hope to meet up with you again. If not, maybe see you in Portland in April…

can’t believe I’m not going.
Next year in SF… [swearing.gif]

Roger:

Sue and I are only going to the one event but would love to meet up before or after. If you are staying for a few days there is an Oregon event that might be of interest on the following Tuesday night:

http://willamettewines.com/nyc-event/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sue and i will be attending that as well.

If not, looking forward to seeing you when you return to PDX

Don’t complain. You guys got 2005 and are getting 2009 next year. NOT FAIR.

Sorry you’re not going to be there Doug. I’ll take good notes… Look forward to seeing you in PDX.

What a motley crew…Look forward to meeting you guys [drinkers.gif]

Unfortunately, I’m leaving on Sunday, so won’t be able to go to the Oregon event. See you in PDX. Anxious to try ‘Little Bird’

Thanks to a terrific friend, I’ll be coming to the grand tasting.
I expect to be there for the full 3 hours.

Question to the veterans- I love to taste whites, and then reds, but does everyone shuffle off to the “better stuff”, and then it’s gone like any other event???

my past experience is that will be hard to do. tables are set up by producer and you will go thru their lineup if interested and not return to each producer if they offer both white and reds…very time consuming.

A bientot!

RT

Ian:

Based on my past experience (I’ve been to the last 2 NY Paulees), I’ve tasted the whites followed by the reds and haven’t had any problems. There are some who cherry pick and you certainly don’t have to taste the full range of the producer’s wine if you don’t want to but I’ve never had a situation where a producer was out of wine and that includes producers such as Coche-Dury. Enjoy!

And I thought going was going to make my year, but hearing this, REALLY made my year. Thanks Paul!

Hi Paul…nice to see you here. I am like you… newhere

Peter Chiu

Peter,
So glad to see you here. I’ve really missed your posts since the mass exodus last year. Welcome!
Cheers,
Steve

Evening, folks. Long time reader, but first time poster (took me long enough!).

I’m going to the La Paulee tasting tomorrow for the first time, and it will be nice to visit with some of the producers I met last year during my extended stay in Burgundy. That said, I have one question (and I sincerely hope it’s not out of line for my first post): does anyone know where/how I might snag an extra ticket to the tasting? My brother’s in town for his birthday, and after I popped open a bottle of Confuron Romanee the other night, he’s become obsessed with doing a broader sampling of Burgundies. As I have but one ticket, and as tickets are no longer on sale, I’m in a bit of a quandry. I figure the fine folks here at Wine Berserkers might be able to point me in some right direction! I appreciate any help in advance!

What a treat to have met so many of you - Ben, Howard, Jay, John Chapman, Orlando, Richard and others. La Paulee NYC has been quite a treat thus far with the Gala Dinner tonight - please find my table anyone as I’ll have a nice mag of something nice and several other bottles to share. CHEERS!!!

Great tasting…looking forward to the partying tonight!

Agree, this is the ultimate burgundy experience. The Roulot / DRC dinner last night was spectacular. Gala dinner tonight with lots of great shares. I’m in heaven!