La Paulee 2011 NYC

I am hoping to make it to the verticals and Grand Tasting.
This is always fun.

I’ve just heard that Hong Kong is getting its first La Paulee in April. Here’s hoping it becomes an annual event.

Claude, I probably should have said that I don’t have a problem getting to try everything I want to try and have capacity to taste. Even spitting, I must admit that after three hours at these things, and probably a bit less, my palate is gone due to all the tannins and acid. I can do better with the whites, but there are just so many reds I can drink.

Still, I get to an awful lot of wines.

Good idea. We can either take it to email or the offline board. And if you’re not all booked up during your visit (unlikely I realize) I’d be happy to organize a dinner.

Looks like I will be at Verticals and the Grand Tasting. [cheers.gif]

That sounds like fun, but the only evening I am there is Friday night. I am not sure what kind of capacity I would have after the verticals. My guess is I will be spent -possibly more up for a deli or other light dinner than another massive tasting. Also, my wife is coming up to NY on Friday night (not sure the time yet) and is going with me to the Grand Tasting. Why don’t we talk closer to the event when I know more about who I am coming up with from DC (I know one person will be with me Friday - board member Ben Delancy) but am still trying to convince others to come for both Friday and Saturday.

Me too. Still in the “negotiation” phase at our house. [wink.gif]

I’ll be attending the vertical as well.
Would surely be fun to meet all the fellow board members.

Lafon table at 2pm ?

I’ll be attending - all of the events including the lunches and dinners - except for just a few… Just got my selection together for the Gala Dinner - will be fun for sure! Anyone going out to dinner Thursday night - 11 Mad?

Looks like I will do the Grand Tasting on Saturday with my uncle, who been a burghead since the 1960s. Whatever happened to the plan to make WB hats.

Must be nice to be a RE workout attorney. [grin.gif]

Cheaper than yacht racing.

Not my water-borne money pits: I crew on boats which other people own. neener

Contact Saxon, I think he can help you out with headgear [wink.gif]

If my wife or my uncle come, I’ll have to keep it straight, but if I go alone, maybe I can wear the official Viking Berseker two-horned Maurauder helmet (as in Saxon’s old avatar) which I still have from BF 2.5. That should give the rest of you a point of contact. Just look for the 6 foot 285 pound guy with the silly plastic helmet. See avatar to left for photo.

An update on the 1st Hong Kong La Paulee: it’s been postponed (from its original slated April 2011 date). No alternative date decided yet - but hopefully it will happen.

Is there anything Berserkers can wear so that we can find each other? Maybe a UNC hat or something? [snort.gif]

I’ll be at those with Howard Cooper and a couple others of our DC group, Don–hope to get a chance to introduce myself.

Randy,
I would love to come but my schedule has nixed it.
This is one thing I really hate to miss.
There are more than a few people I really wanted to meet for the first time this year too.
You guys will have a great time.
Cheers,

Tucson represented! Jon Favre and I will be there starting with the Collector’s lunch on Thursday…I’ll be the one at the Verticals with a red spit cup…