Kutch before BDVII on Jan. 19.

Noted. I have done that loop from Monterey thru Carmel Valley and on to Arroyo Seco Rd and home via River Rd. That’s a sweet day.

Really looking forward to this release and the upcoming release of the Chard. We are doing a kitchen remodel right now and my wife suggested getting some cheaper fixtures just so we could buy some Kutch. champagne.gif

That’s my kind of girl.

I can prescribe something.

quick Kutch question, do any of y’all buy any of the Kesner wine offerings? I’ve bought a few the last couple of years, been really happy with them although they aren’t cheap.

I’m ready for this tomorrow.

Order in.

In.

?

There are only 2 SV Pinots.

McDougall released in the Fall…along with the new SCM chard I believe

The release is out. Don’t hesitate to reach out if anyone has any troubles. jamie@kutchwines.com

****2016 Spring Release Letter

__“Wine makes every meal an occasion, every table more elegant, every day more civilized”. ~ Andre Simon

These 2014 wines mark our 10th release, and we couldn’t be more proud. So much has changed in ten years, and none of it could have been done without the support of so many of you. So thank you so very much!

2014 marked a year when we moved into the Santa Cruz Mountains and tried our hand at some Chardonnay. As I write this newsletter, we are preparing to bottle the Chardonnay in February of 2016 for release in the fall.

In terms of Pinot Noir, overall we are extremely pleased with the resulting wines. We were blessed with great yields. Our picking decisions weren’t rushed nor compressed due to warm and dry weather. We picked over a three week period, on average about one week ahead of 2013. An early and long warm season allowed for picking at the optimum time with great flavor maturity and moderate sugars. High natural acid has the wines chiseled with a great sense of energy. The dry conditions were ideal for whole cluster fermentation. As usual, we fermented 100% of our single vineyards wines with the stems included but held back 40% of the stems for our Sonoma Coast wine due to a late irrigation decision in one of our vineyards, which turned out to be the right call. That wine drinks beautifully out of the gate, while the single vineyards can and will benefit from ageing if desired.

Our vineyards were harvested in the following order:

August 19 McDougall Ranch, Sonoma Coast
August 21 Campbell Ranch, Sonoma Coast (Sonoma Coast blend)
September 1 Sonoma Stage, Sonoma Coast (Sonoma Coast blend)
September 3 Bohan Vineyard, Sonoma Coast
September 10 Falstaff, Sonoma Coast

Please try and be patient and allow the wines to recover from both bottling and shipping before opening. They will provide more enjoyment with age. If you are anxious, be sure to provide the wine plenty of oxygen by decanting and allowing the wine to breath.

2014 Sonoma Coast
Pinot Noir 12.9% Alc.
Our Sonoma Coast appellation wine is comprised of two distinct vineyards. Campbell Ranch represents the extreme northwestern edge of the appellation in the remote coastal mountain range near the town of Annapolis. The vineyard sits perched at 775 feet elevation, above the coastal fog and receives maximum photosynthesis. Sonoma Stage is frigid and planted on the southeast tip of the AVA amongst the funneled winds of the San Pablo Bay in Adobe clay soils. The mix of soil types, exposures and climates create an alluring wine of length, focus and tension.
Winemaker Brief
40% de-stemmed 60% whole cluster, native yeast & native malolactic fermentation, aged for 12 months in 100% neutral oak without racking, 12.9% alc., unfined & unfiltered, Goldridge & Adobe Clay soils, pick-date 08/21/14 & 09/01/14
$39 per bottle

2014 Bohan Vineyard
Sonoma Coast, Pinot Noir
Tasting Note by Antonio Galloni, Vinous
(92-94) Points: Kutch’s 2014 Pinot Noir Bohan Vineyard bursts from the glass with intense dark red and purplish fruit. This site seems to give Pinots with broad-structured frames, so picking a little riper, as Kutch did here, seems to be the right choice. The creamy, textured finish is simply impossible to resist. The 2014 has great depth.
Winemaker Brief
100% whole cluster, native yeast & native malolactic fermentation, aged for 12 months in 100% neutral oak without racking, 13.5% alc., unfined & unfiltered, sandstone soils, pick-date 09/03/14
$49 per bottle

2014 Falstaff Vineyard
Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir
Tasting Note by Antonio Galloni, Vinous
(92-94) Points: The 2014 Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard is superb today. The flavors are bright, precise and nuanced, but there is more depth and richness than in the 2013. Amazingly, the whole clusters are much more integrated in 2014 than in 2013. Bright cranberry, pomegranate, wild flowers, sage, quinine, mint and cinnamon add pop on the finish. An exotic, eccentric beauty, the 2014 is shaping up to be a real gem. This is pure class.
Winemaker Brief
100% whole cluster, native yeast & native malolactic fermentation, aged for 12 months in 100% neutral French oak without racking, 12.9% alc., unfined & unfiltered, Goldridge soils, pick-date 09/10/14
Far and away our most marginal site, Falstaff sits on a ridge west of the Sebastopol Hills fully exposed to cool ocean breezes and dense coastal fog. The moderate growing season and shallow Goldridge soils culminate to create a wine of understated elegance and transparent terroir.
$59 per bottle

The Chard has not been released yet.

I meant Fall 2016 for 2014 McDougall…and the new chard

Order in.

Tough to call but if you are limiting your pinot purchases this round ignoring Jamie’s Bohan and/or Falstaff (in that order) is a BIG mistake. BIG. :slight_smile:

I have been asked a few times so to clarify:

we can ship with either UPS or Fed-ex. Just note which one you prefer when you place your order or simply let me know via email if you already placed an order: jamie@kutchwines.com

Also there are 3 ship dates choices you can chose from in the event you are traveling.

When does the offer close? Just trying to spread out the CC bills!

The offering period closes on February 5th Bruce. If you have a special circumstance though, please let me know and I can and will do whatever I can to assist.

That works. Just need until next week.

You are correct John & David. 2014 McDougall Ranch and 2014 Santa Cruz Mountain Chardonnay will be released in the Fall. Our Chardonnay will be priced at $39 as I think I previously wrote somewhere on this board. McDougall remains the same at $59 per bottle.

I tasted a well know critic on McDougall and the Chardonnay on Thursday last week. Pulled the cork and after the tasting, brought the bottles home. They sat on the counter of the kitchen until Sunday night when I checked in for giggles as I was going to pour them down the drain. To my surprise, the wines were singing. They opened up like oyster shells and had no oxidation nor degradation. I was pretty stunned and blown away. They should both age like Heidi Klum…