Kochana Winery? Any Info

Anyone here have any information on the winery Kochana? Just heard about them yesterday, guessing this is the first vintage, 2 different 2021 pinot’s and a 2022 rose. A few serious ITB people (on this board) following on Instagram peaked my interest. The website says it’s from Anie Peszynski, worked at Mending Wall since 2017 and worked her way up to Head Winemaker. Price on the wines seems very fair, $40/$50 and $20 for the rose. I ordered a mixed case to check them out.

Well, she worked at Mending Wall so @Steve_Nordhoff or @William_Segui probably know her.

She worked under TRB

That’s one of the reason I ordered some, big fan of RM pinot.

Anie is the winemaker & overseer of operations at Mending Wall along with being owner/winemaker at Kochana. She was also part of GreyPez, if you ever happened across any of those.

1 Like

Anie is awesome, super diligent and talented.

1 Like

Doesnt appear on CT, anyone have any TN’s? Seems reasonable pricepoint

I checked CT also, was surprised there was almost no information on this. Not sure how long these have been for sale but my online order from them was #36 so not much out there. Here is one review I found.

Great stuff. Had the Russian River pinot by the glass recently in Yountville. A beautiful blend of Cali-Sun and Old-world elegance.

Plus, Anie is awesome!

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

My Kochana order showed up yesterday and I went straight in for a rose. Beautiful copper/salmon color, a bit shy on the nose. Not your typical CA rose, this wine is not about exuberant fruit. I wasn’t all that sure about this wine at first but with some time in the glass and as it warmed it just got better and better. The nose came around after it warmed with an earthy, orange fruit/melon profile in a refined and elegant way. I did not expect this to be this interesting, if I tried this blind I would have said it was French. A great bottle for your friends that are into wine but one that will make anyone who likes rose happy. This is probably phenomenal with grilled seafood. Would be great to have a Berserkers Day offer from this winery next year!

3 Likes