Kobayashi Release

2020 Syrah, 2021 Sans Soufre Syrah, and 2020 Red Wine v.1 are $85 plus $4 shipping. Marsanne-Roussanne is $65 plus $4 shipping. I also had to pay some sales tax shipping to CT.

1 Like

did a release email go out recently? I’m a little confused by the quoted posts above. If there’s something new, I didn’t get it and that has me worried!

Check your junk mail; I caught mine because somebody posted it on IG!

1 Like

Yes, but it’s going out in “batches.” I was told to expect mine next week with the implication everything might be sold out by then.

Yours might / will likely come sooner if you’ve bought before (I signed up when that only 5 DTC thread was going on).

One question I had - people who have gotten offers are they guaranteed for a certain period of time?

I have bought before, but I spaced and missed last year’s offer, so I was worried how that might hurt me. I emailed the winery at the beginning of the year when I discovered and said “I accidently forgot to buy but am still interested, so don’t remove me please!” so, that’s why I’m a little sensitive… we will see…

Planning to enjoy some white to accompany the 60 hot dogs I will eat as a pairing for this wine…:grin:

1 Like

Jim,

I was allocated the Kobayashi case and the release email stated that allocations were not guaranteed and that wines could be sold out if you delayed your order.

Andrew beat me to the posting of the release letter. I’m biased due to the fact that I’ve been friends with Travis and Mario for 15 years, but I would not spend money on wine for just that fact. These wines are made with passion, with experimentation, with the desire to inherently improve each year. They are not some cookie cutter model trying to make the same wine with each successive vintage. It also helps that the wines are f&cking amazing!

4 Likes

I dipped my toe in last year and bought the whites. The lone viognier I tried was outstanding. I’m not buying much this year for several reasons, but I can say I have a hoodie on order! The enthusiasm in this place is bad for my budget. Oh well.

2 Likes

same with me… they change the fulfillment provider so it went to junk… I saw a post on instagram and wend digging into my spam folder…

2 Likes

Also dipping my feet in this one as I missed out last two or so offerings. I would have loved to get 3 each of the first two but went in for a mixed 3 pack. Maybe next year if I get a similar offer.
1 Marsanne-Roussanne
1 Syrah
1 Sans Soufre

Signed up for the mailing list thanks to this thread. Sounds interesting and hope I get the opportunity to try some soon.

Big time Rhone head here. These wines get great press and justifiably so. Also anything Yves Gangloff touches, oh yes.

I think they should bottle one in a shorter almost round bottle and call it the Kobayashi Maru.

Oh I am also a Trekkie :wink:

Star Trek, Hi Fi, and Rhône style wines…for the win!

2 Likes

Same, big +1 on this! Haven’t known Travis and Mario quite as long as Jared, but pretty close - at least 11 years. Never had any doubts when Travis said he wanted to make some wine - in from Day 1!

Cheers!

Steve

Has anyone not on the initial release list gotten an email either offering an allocation or saying sorry we sold out?

I’ve heard nothing, but wouldn’t expect an allocation since I signed up within the last year.

Surprise! Got an email today!

Thanks for all the kind words! I apologize for the delay, the new sales platform has some kinks we have been trying to work out. Everyone else on the mailing list should receive an email soon (we can’t control the timing of batches). We are going to steal an idea from our friend Adam at Floodland and do a ‘public release’ with some of our wine. I know I’ve been languishing on a waitlist for over 10 years, I think it is a great idea to give everyone a chance to get some bottles.

Just to respond to a few of the comments above:
We don’t kick people off the list for not purchasing wine. We are wine consumers, and understand that there are a million reasons why someone might skip an offer.
We are increasing production slowly every year, so adding new members. We are also planning to do a couple offers this year that are too small to be allocated, so everyone on the mailing list will have equal opportunity to get them.

5 Likes

What a fantastic weekend surprise - thank you Travis!

Does anyone have thoughts on whether these wines need some age or just jump right in?

1 Like