James Suckling Teaches Wine Appreciation | Official Trailer | MasterClass

Oh this thread gave me such a great laugh…
This is still one of my fav Suckling videos I'm Here -- James Suckling -- www.JamesSuckling.com - YouTube
I am starting to agree with everyone that says this is some sort of long play performance art piece by Suckling that just happens to allow him to live in Tuscany, drink great wine, and just enjoy life. I say golf clap sir, gold clap…

Well… Do you make fun of all the other Masterclass people too? Or just JS? You cannot argue with the highly skilled teachers in various fields they’ve managed to assemble IMHO. I wouldn’t pay for any of their offered classes, as I’m already well above their league in all areas offered. But if…

[winner.gif]

[rofl.gif]

Steph Curry is hoping you’ll join him on the Warriors as soon as your duo performance with Carlos Sanata is over. [cheers.gif]

Thanks for not understanding my sense of humour. Or perhaps you did? My point is that I would be surprised to see all other world famous people involved in Masterclass getting bashed on forums involving music, film making, cooking, etc.

I meant it purely as humor and friendly banter. I was ‘being hyperbole’ and simply enjoying your commentary.

I was picturing people sitting around saying things like, “Steph Curry, he’s not so great, what does he know? Ray Allen is who they should have gotten.” (US NBA joke.)

Or, someone sitting in his apartment saying, “Carlos Santana, he thinks he’s so great. I bet he lives in Tuscany.”

I was not trying to be disagreeable and apologies if our senses of humor did not obviously connect. [cheers.gif]

Suckling does strike me as bringing a lot of this on himself, though, I must admit.

[/quote]

I meant it purely as humor and friendly banter. I was ‘being hyperbole’ and simply enjoying your commentary.

I was picturing people sitting around saying things like, “Steph Curry, he’s not so great, what does he know? Ray Allen is who they should have gotten.” (US NBA joke.)

Or, someone sitting in his apartment saying, “Carlos Santana, he thinks he’s so great. I bet he lives in Tuscany.”

I was not trying to be disagreeable and apologies if our senses of humor did not obviously connect. [cheers.gif]

[/quote]

I was actually guessing our senses of humor did connect. Irony in writing is always tricky:) Cheers.

I love the word Master Class. Sounds important. A local wine educator uses that term and pours crap but has plenty of maps and mediocre handouts to pretend it is a master class.

I signed up for the all access pass to get Aaron Franklin’s segment. I decided to watch a few minutes of Suckling doing a blind tasting. “This wine isn’t very good. I wouldn’t finish the glass. 87 points.”

I knew he inflated his grades but won’t finish my glass is more of a 75-80 for me. 87 for not good wine is insane.

I had forgotten about this until I saw it in my FB feed this morning. Honestly, I think you have to respect his ability to capitalize on the wine gigg without relying so much on the newsletter/subscription site schtick. He’s the William Shatner of wine, and I mean that as an accolade.

I would be able to watch a couple of minutes before going back to watch train videos.
Watch Phil Swift plugging Flex Glue…now that is a masterclass.