It's Friday, 02/20/09---What Is Everyone Eating This Weekend

You officially suck for posting that.

Last night was a frozen pepperoni pizza from Costco as I was lazy and beat down.

Tonight is a 1 lb USDA Prime Rib-Eye served with a Yukon Gold Potato Gratin with Cave Aged Gruyere and Parmiggiano. Dish was greased with duck fat.

Its almost dinner time here on the East Coast…I’ve punished my body enough for the past 2 weeks…whats an order of onion rings?

Nancy, let me put it this way, chances are that my dog will eat most of my steak. Best from me and Mel to you and Sal.

Otto

Fri night nothing. I had cereal for lunch, and wasn’t really hungry after the truffled cod on Thurs night. Went over to Tommy & Leslie’s for popcorn [1974_eating_popcorn.gif] , port and the movie “Bottle Shock”. Finished off with Springbank 15 year old.

Today will be NY strips on the grill from Whole Foods. Some wine TBD. Grilled asparagus as well.

Sunday? No clue yet. The afternoon is a 1991-2005 vertical of Geyeserville and with only 12 of us I’m thinking the leftovers will show up on my patio with more steaks.

I made the onion ring comment as it seems my friends don’t get them when we’re out. Fries is pretty standard for the lunch fare, but I’m the only one getting onion rings. I just find that odd…

And I wanted to use the [give_heart.gif] smiley [cheers.gif]

What’s Kristi having?

Cleaning detail. [whistle2.gif]

Friday - restaurant - had arugala salad, awesome meatload sandwich, shared a tasty ginger bread pudding
Saturday - seared scallops with a tiny, tiny bit of Bill’s five (?) ingredient rub. Awesome change of pace
Friday - seared scallops - don’t know how I’ll prepare them

NY Strip Steak, mixed greens in garlic and a 2005 Zardini Valpolicella Superiore.

So far, so good

Pork loin chops with thai peanut sauce, cilantro and lime juice on top, rice and an asian salad. I have made this a couple of times, and is always killer diller. Maybe a 07 German riesling to accomp.

So hard to find good help now adays
[rofl.gif]

Hot date?
[heat.gif]

These onion rings I had from BLT recently were amazing!

OK I’m coming to LA. I’m bringing a bottle of Cristal with me (that’ll go with onion rings right??)
[drinkers.gif]

[cheers.gif]

As earlier reported, Saurday dinner at my father’s place was steamed-live crabs. Another course, among others, was a local dish called “kare-kare”, i.e., a thick and rich oxtail stew. Traditionally, in our family’s province of origin, the thickening agent would be either toasted-then-ground peanuts or toasted-then-ground rice, but my father’s cook obviously was too lazy to do that and took a shortcut using a local peanut butter. I told my dad to have her thrown in boiling oil for doing that.

Kidding of course. Boiling water would do.

I arrived at my dad’s place later than my brother so he had already opened some German halbtrocken riesling. It was ok, but I would have preferred bone-dry with the crabs.

Lunch today (Sunday) with the wife and kids was at a favorite Spanish restaurant (the venue of the Vega Sicilia dinner I posted on not long ago). We had some tapas to start (i.e., chorizos, morcillas, gambas al ajillo, angulas picantes, crispy bacalao, etc.), and, thereafter, some paella chistorrado and rabo de toro. Washed down with good but very cheap 2007 Bodegas Marco Real Homenaje Rosado (Navarra, Spain) which even my two older sons love (15-½ and 14). The youngest (9) also wanted some but my wife didn’t allow him any. Chocolate marquis and churros con chocolate for dessert. Double espressos capped the lunch.

There’s a dinner at my in-laws’ tonight but I’m still too full and would rather not get tempted to stuff myself anew, so the wife and kids are going without me. For dinner, I’m just having some fruit, and no wine.

We each had a 16 oz steak and gratin. Taters rocked.

Yesterday was wood fired pizza for lunch from a local spot. Last night was Shrimp Po-boys. Tonight looks like it’ll be slow smoked ribs.

Serendipity? I just applied my secret rub to some baby backs. Pics to follow.