It's Friday, 02/20/09---What Is Everyone Eating This Weekend

Tonight is Beef Bourgogne after a 1963 Port tasting.

Bill or Philip…What are your thoughts on Steel?

Good snacks for sure…can be fairly crowded on weekend and loud due to trend factor.

Ive eaten there twice (both times really good) and both times on Sunday (1/2 price wine BTW). They opened one up here in ATL…but I haven’t been yet.

Lasagna and Garlic Cheese Flatbread - gotta find a decent Italian wine, since my cellar is rather light on Italians

I have to attend a long and boring work-related dinner tomorrow night, and the food and wine will almost certainly suck. [suicide.gif] I would rather jump off a bridge than attend this event, but I am resisting the impulse because, on Sunday, I get to make some magret duck breasts from Hudson Valley Foie Gras (a free token of appreciation for a large order of Valentine’s Day foie gras I placed – very nice gesture). I am not sure what I’ll put along side of it, but I do intend to drink pinot with it. Make and model to be determined.

I worked late tonight and came home to a sick wife and daughter. I will eat some leftover Flannery hanger steak and open something way better than the situation demands. [berserker.gif]

Those pairings are always the best.

Tonight, crab salad stuffed avocado as a starter, followed by a bowl of chicken soup. A light meal between last night’s truffle dinner at Jeff’s and tomorrow’s Champagne & Caviar.

Tomorrow Champagnes and five different Tsar Nicolai caviars with six friends. This will be followed by grilled tenderloin with Burgundies and Cabs.

Sunday - Sautéed baby portobellos in tomato sauce on tagliarini

Turns out it is a 2000 Domaine de la Janasse Cuvee Chaupin. Very interesting – I am still forming my thoughts on it.

No Cow for me. I spent more time in the resting position on the can after my steakie experience than I need to share here. Tonight I ate brocolli with cheddar cheese and made my kid some mac and cheese his fav.
Tomorrow???

Flannery rib eyes Sunday, they look tasty and the cuts are perfect!

Last night Traci made pizza - sausage, bell pepper and mushroom. Washed down with a 2006 Broc Cellars “Dry Stack Vineyard” Syrah.

Tonight we head to Marzano’s to sample their wood fired pizzas.

Right now, off for a 3 hour team ride before the rain comes.

Yum! Love The Hat, they have the best onion rings…

Another onion ring lover?? [give_heart.gif]

Friday night it was peppered and seared ahi, rice pilaf, romaine/tomato salad, crusty baguette with a 2003 Bonaccorsi Fiddlestix PN. Sees chocolates for dessert while trying to watch Bottle Shock. Cute movie.

Tonight will be grilled rib eyes, potatoes maybe, asparagus and more crusty baguette. Maybe a Cab will be found.

Tomorrow Thai or Vietnamese takeout on the couch in front of the Academy Awards. Hope the show doesn’t suck!

I think they served onion rings at the signing of the Treaty of Versailles.

Tonight this one:

CHEF’S 5-COURSE TASTING MENU ~ $30

Keffir Lime Smoked Lobster Salad | Miner’s Lettuce | Satsuma Tangerines | Preserved Lemon Aioli

Rice Flake Crusted Hamachi | Black Rice Cake | Shitake Vinaigrette

Connely Gardens Tuscan Kale + Potato Soup | Andouille Sausage | Fried Shallots

Kobe Beef Top Sirloin Baked in Brick Dough | Caramelized Onion + Bacon Ragout | Swiss Chard

Meyer Lemon Tart | Cardamon Scented Meringue

WINE PAIRING FLIGHT ~ $20
2007 Yalumba “Eden Valley” Viognier (#55 WS Top 100)

2008 Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc (#40 WS Top 100)

2006 Querciabella Chianti Classico (#81 WS Top 100)

2004 Domaine de Nizas Coteaux du Languedoc (#78 WS Top 100)

NV Daniele Mansi Limoncello

Tomorrow we’re going downtown to Cafe Chloe. The appetizers are all yummy.

Otto

This menu looked good when I received the email the other day, Otto. So the prices used to be $25 and $18. Up $5 and $2. Not bad since I always thought the original prices were a steal for the diner. How are the portions? I can’t eat much without getting full these days, so I’m sure it would be more than I would need.

Have fun! Say hi to my friend Mel!!! :slight_smile: