It's been too long! Pizza!

If I could cut you a big slice of the above I would cuz that is exactly the taste. Spicy eggplant!

1 Like

I’ve been actually using soups as pizza sauces :rofl: Trader Joes lobster bisque for example.

1 Like

Mango, Grilled Chicken, Mozzarella, and a Homemade Pizza Sauce

Cagayan de Oro City

2 Likes

Just found this topic now and happy to make my first post in it. :slight_smile:

My Neapolitan pizza journey has been exciting. From making my own to visiting Naples and Casserta to sample some of the world’s best has been fun and enlightening.

My latest and may I add best version is here right now. Saturday’s pizza was from a dough made 1 week earlier. The Caputo Aria has proven to be the exact product to fit my needs. It had not deteriorated one bit and had tremendous character and pleasant bite.

All was aligned when this dough came together with the sparest amount of tomato passata and freshest and stingiest mozzarella came together. 4 minutes on my Napoleon grill with back/rotisserie burner was used like a NASA engineer : high, low, spin, spin, etc.
I believe it to be my best ever. So did my wife and kids. My daughter even gave me a 9.2. just so we are understanding her scoring, she have Da Michele Naples about a 7.5.

4 Likes

Deleted.

I originally purchased it for my Roman style pizza but soon fell in love when I used it during the winter indoors for my Neapolitan in my oven.

Does anything ever make sense? I like the qualities of long fermentation and ease of use by not easily holed when building my pizzas. The flavor profile is just perfect.

1 Like

Deleted.

Friday night cast iron pan pizzas, with my home made dough and hand shredded cheese

Salami & Sun Dried plus a trio of gooey mozzarella/romano/parmesan personal pans

I use kitchen scissors to cut deep dish style pies

2 Likes

anyone have some experience using Burratta to make pizza? I usually use low moisture fresh grated Mozz but looking to change it up.

I wanted to do something simple - take some classic red pizza sauce, add some crushed Calabrian chilies for some heat into the sauce, and top with fresh Burratta

I plan on cooking on my Big Green Egg ~750 degrees.

I am reading different things online - but most are cooking in an oven so they mention 500 degrees, cook the dough first for a bit then add the burrata at the end. Others mention not cooking the burrata at all and just chunking/spreading after the dough/sauce are cooked.

Any advice? At this heat, with the dough I use, my pizza cooks are usually ~4 minutes give or take.

We have, but moisture is an issue. I pre cook the dough always, and my grill gets to about 600. So you need enough time and heat to take care of the moisture.

so you suggest keeping it on the entire cook?

I know it is higher moisture content and i dont want a soggy slice of pizza. I may just slice/add it after the pizza is done cooking to be safe?

Yes. That is what I have done. You need to somewhat dry it out. Some burratta is wetter than others so try to find some that is more firm.

I have done with success. Don’t over do it with ingredients. Less is more until you understand the ingredients character.
But isn’t that pizzas trick in general?
Here is zucchini flowers and burrata.
Then is a Sicilian pizza with burrata.
The third was roasted eggplant cherry tomatoes and cippolini with burrata.

7 Likes

Those look great. Did you cook the whole time with the cheese? Or put on fresh after cooking and cut it and let it ooze about?

I’m planning just sauce and cheese. So not overdoing it. May toss arugula on after it’s done cooking and a touch of honey.

Thanks. Cheese cooked on. No par baking.

1 Like

So the Burratta one had some issues and no photo. But here’s some photos of the prosciutto/fig and basil pesto pizzas, excuse the burnt parchment paper under the pizzas

2 Likes

Looks great. Seems you’ve had success

yeah I’ve been making Pizza’s on the egg for ~3-4 years now. The two posted here were kinda rushed and put together with hosting people, some people had to leave early and it was getting late so I had to whip them together quickly, etc. that is why the 3rd one, not posted, was an epic fail, but hey it happens :slight_smile: Just never used Burrata so I was curious to try it. ill have to give it 1 more go (and remember to remove the parchment paper before taking photos)

What went wrong with the burrata?