Isolating in a Materium world...

As folks here know I had what has turned out to be a low-risk, vocational, SARS-CoV-2 exposure last Weds.

Isolating in our yurt for seven plus days, on the western edge of our property, isn’t a sharp stick in the eye. Still, there is no contact and you just read a lot and blow thru downloaded computer content. No wifi there and very limited cell service so little real news, no streaming, no long phone conversations.

Highlight was the day Mel made these sweet & sour pot roast rice bowls, out of leftover prime roast from the night before. Insanely great, think Jewish pulled pork to get a sense of this dish. I gobbled that shite up for lunch & dinner.

This 375 ml lasted both meals. It’s epic, it’s Materium, and it’s not AFWE endorsed. To honor our friends from overseas, I’m chuffed I have more!
9F0213F8-B550-4468-B096-E6B647A57097.jpeg

Sorry that’s how you’re spending Thanksgiving, Glenn. I hope the time passes quickly and uneventfully.

I’m out now Andrew, I’m back in the house. Happy Thanksgiving!

Cheers Doc.

If COVID has taught me anything it’s to drink something nice whenever you can… Live is (or can be ) short.

Glad to hear it! Best to you.

Feel better Glenn. I’m a big fan of this wine.

It’s such a great wine and the drinking window exceeds my life expectancy based upon this half bottle.

Do you really have a Yurt, or are you just pulling our legs? Photo required!!

PS - Hope it just ends up being a precaution!

You have a Yurt? How cool is that?

Yurt has a great deck too, I’ll try and get a better pic later.

Yurt and view…
9AE880AB-FE8D-4403-9236-ED836A8F591F.jpeg
CEFF7B75-C0D8-44C0-BDF2-4EDD18560F80.jpeg

That’s pretty cool. Good to hear you’re back in the house tho!

Thanks. Low-grade close call, back at it in a week so hoping for a shift without exposure. For now though it’s en la casa.

Glad you are feeling well and back in the house. But curious to know your secret of stretching a 375 across two meals!!

Takes a very well-planned and willful approach!

Pro-tip: sweet wine stems!

Sorry you had to wind up yurting yourself, but glad you came through it so well.

I’m getting ready to renovate our 345 sq foot cottage this spring. Now I have to think about a yurt, that looks great and I already am thinking about where to put it.

Best,

Dan Kravitz

So glad you are ok … such a civilized isolation!