Is Cellartracker still the go-to for managing cellar?

Is he hot? Just askin…

3 Likes

Ja

Yes from your post I took away you were aware just annoyed. I too have various gripes with the limits of the mobile app (especially the inability to do grouping)

I think its worth mentioning that you can import a spreadsheet into CT all at once.

Disclaimer: I haven’t ever tried this and im not sure how well it works. but it exists.

Yes.

Is there seriously an alternative that won’t leave me ROFL?

Vinocell looks interesting. Not switching from Cellar Tracker, no chance.

Yes

We agree. We are working on a big overhaul of the mobile app.

18 Likes

That is awesome to hear! I’m excited to check it out when it comes out champagne.gif

1 Like

Glad to hear! Aside from the functionality that others have mentioned, I hope that you guys also focus on overall latency and reducing the number of user inputs to reach certain views. Sometimes it requires a lot of taps to get to where you want to go, and each tap is like 500+ms of latency with the animations.

Taking suggestions &/or testers?

champagne.gif

I posted a note there today on a wine you have written about and mentioned you by name for not posting there.

If you derogate Alfert on CT, he’ll never know!

WT

1 Like

Owlman, you crack me up. Even though we are about the same age, your techno-skepticism reminds me of my father, who was adamant that “… I ain’t using any of those damn computers …” (though we did finally get him to do Zoom calls via a tablet while he was locked down in Assisted Living).

I’m guessing the icon for the Cellartracker app on your smart phone is right next to the Zwift icon… [stirthepothal.gif]

Michael

9BFA35F4-9146-4B46-BBA8-DED40CE7B7B3.gif

Awesome! Please just don’t change too much. Most of what you have is working great. I’ve seen all too many revamps go sideways because somebody tries to fix what isn’t broken.

Can you make a classic mode for that one as well? [wink.gif]

1 Like

Depends on what you want.

If you want it as easy to handle as possible, than Cellartracker is certainly the best option.

If do not shy away from putting in a bit more work (6-7 minutes per new wine, 3 minutes for a new vintage of a wine you already had other vintages of), Vinocell is the far better option. It is the Ferrari of wine cellar management apps in terms of output and functionality. But to get all the beautiful graphics, all the stats, all the search and sort functions which are so much more extensive than with all other apps, you have to type in all information yourself (as the automatic database is not overly accurate). I don’t care to do that as I’m a wine freak anyway and love all the functions but it’s definitely not for everyone.