Is Cellartracker still the go-to for managing cellar?

Yes. I had other apps and I’m IT person. I find this one the easiest to use.

CellarTracker is by far the best alternative I’ve seen to manage your cellar. If you have all your wines up to date on a Google Doc and want to update your wines into CellarTracker, you can reach out to Eric and the team and they’ll help you input all your wines into CellarTracker (Migrating From Another System - CellarTracker Support)

1 Like

Beyond how solid the UI is on CT, it has a huge advantage of 15+ years of community notes. There is just so much information on there. Sure, some of the TNs are useless (as has been discussed ad naseum) but there is a ton of very useful stuff too.

1 Like

No.

Just kidding yes.

2 Likes

Oui

I prefer Vinocell for keeping track of my cellar. I especially like the graphical representation of my racks. The one time I had an issue I contacted the developer and it was fixed within hours.

Yes!

If by docs you mean a spreadsheet then as Rodrigo says team CT will easily be able to import your cellar. It’s a service they have been providing for a long time.

CT will do this with any CSV or tab delimited text. So even if it’s not on a spreadsheet, so long as it is formatted correctly CT should easily be able to process it, even if it is in a text file.

One thing I would say is that I find the limitations in the app versus the desktop version a bit inconvenient. I’m kinda stuck as the cellar is in the basment and the desktop is in the office on the first floor (= 2nd floor on the Suckling building scale ).

Am I the last dinosaur?

Agreed. I’d love the ability to edit multiple wines on the mobile app at once. Right now doing things like relocating, accepting deliveries, or marking for consumptions multiple bottles at once is a bit frustrating to do on mobile.

Affirmative.

Just to make the obvious clear: you can access the desktop site from your phone. It does take three clicks: 1. Open the menu, 2. At the bottom click “open in browser” and 3. Got
to the bottom of the web page and click “visit full website”

It’s not perfect but it works when you need it

1 Like

I use my iPad in the cellar if I need more than mobile app.

No. You and Alan Weinberg should breed to keep the Luddite gene pool viable.
neener

Like cellartracker very much !

CellarTracker does everything I need it to do.
No need to go elsewhere.
Access from my iPad and iPhone is easy. Keeping my inventory is very easy!

100%

I’m aware. I just wish the mobile app was a bit more robust for handling multiple bottles at once. But aside from that, it’s hard to criticise CT. It’s so effective and easy to use.