IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT ON NEW WB GROUP - MONOPOLE CRÜ

I’ll upgrade if you kick Corey out

I think it’s more of an explicit attempt to drive people to reconsider about the value this forum brings than secretly trying to drive people to raise their subscription amount.

Here’s the way I see it: I’ve no problem with paying for various wine publications/subscriptions because I enjoy the writing and find they provide value to me. If I was to look at all the wine publications, writings and sites I read, Wine Berserkers would be at the top of the list in terms of the depth and value it provides to my wine education and knowledge base. If I’m willing to shell out for subscriptions like Vinous, Wine Advocate, Noble Rot, and View from the Cellar, to name a few, why isn’t Wine Berserkers worth at least as much?

See my subsequent post. I agree 1000%. What I was saying was that until Todd created a $100 membership (the nudge), I never thought about the value per day. When you realize that it is 27 cents per day, it is a no brainer.

Done. Thanks for kicking Dave out.

We’re on the same page then.I really can’t believe how much value the Berserker community brings. So many knowledgeable people willing and eager to openly share that information with others.

As a long time lurker, I was always hesitant to join in the conversation, being afraid I wouldn’t be able to keep up with everyone. Glad I got over that fear. This really is a community that encourages newcomers doesn’t shun away those less informed, but rather encourages and helps them to learn more. I can’t think of another forum where people get to interact with winemakers and other ITB individuals directly and get their perspective on thing. To me, that’s invaluable and a huge part of what makes Wine Berserkers entirely unique. Worth every penny

Coolio!

Easy call imo. I have learned more here than I ever expected. I also spent a hell of a lot more in wine because of WB than I ever expected.

So in a way it feels like Todd should pay me $100/yr, just throwing that out there.

1 Like

Coolio!

I think I qualify, what should I do next?

I’m a sucker for special offers. Plus I get to see my badge change color.

Weird! He asked the same about you!

Got you! You are one of the grandfathered in ones…absolutely! Fixing now

I am proud to be here, and admit to being a cheerleader for WB.

This place brings me great joy.

[cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

I get more than $8.33/month value from the community, so I just submitted the added bucks to upgrade.

You are a BerserkerDay All-Star so you better freakin’ save some money for tomorrow/Wednesday!

What button do I hit to give you more $?

I went to the “join grand cru” link and paid $75. I hope that works…

As a brand new Monopolean, the first thing I’d like to do is complain that the badge looks premoxed. neener

1 Like

Thanks!

That’s on purpose. In a few months Todd’s gonna introduce DIAM Cru membership level with a perfectly lemon-green coloured badge with no premox. Todd’s in it for the long haul [stirthepothal.gif]

1 Like

Upgraded champagne.gif