If you use off site storage-what are you paying?

Downtown Chicago i pay $1100 per year for what they call a 96 case locker, in reality its about 40-50 styrofoam cases

I’m paying ~$24 a month with 40 or 50 cases in Long Island City, no contract. But I pay to have bottles and cases inserted or removed.

Sadly, true. I miss self-service access an easy subway ride away!

I’m surprised the differential in rates between NYC and the rest of the country isn’t more, given the cost of real estate here and our very high electricity costs.

In Chicago (not Domaine), I’m at about $22/case/year.

$40 / case (highest of thread so far), but my space only holds 12 cases, so perhaps that is part of the reason. Luckily, the location is insanely convenient for me.

About $1.60 per bottle

$20.57/case/year Menlo Park. Free delivery receiving and they’ll hold for my transfer.

It seems like you’re paying $500+ a year to store styro shippers. Why not invest in some cardboard storage boxes and double your capacity?

$16/month for a locker that holds 12 cases, which makes it $1.33/case/month. Temperature but not humidity-controlled, which hasn’t been an issue. I’m located in the East Bay, near SF.

Bonus: there’s a taco truck that parks outside the storage facility.

Don’t waste your time with your logic here! [snort.gif]

I’m in the same facility. Reminds me I need to go there and move some stuff around to ingest some recent deliveries.

I’m paying $80 for 60 case capacity. Realistically, I have more like 45 cases across 3 lockers. While I removed most bottles from OWCs and stored in cardboard boxes, there are certain things like banded OWCs (thanks Wilson Daniels!) that don’t qualify for that treatment, and thus take up more space.

About $17 per case per year ($1.42 per case per month). Price per case inversely related to length of contract and number of cases stored.

At Vinfolio I pay a premium $40/case/yr but for that they take delivery, pick up wine locally in Napa/Sonoma, inventory wine in the VinCellar app, and most importantly pick and pack wine when i am ready to drink. Each year I go and get a years worth of wine and they save the backbreaking work of picking 1 or two bottles out of a case and prepare it for me to take home. This is invaluable for me because I can pull only the wines I want and that are ready to drink. With my old locker I was much more likely to take bottles from those cases in the top layer.

Reading this thread makes me feel better about spending the money for a new wine cellar in my house.

same for me, Bay Area as well.

in south FL
a little less than $40 per month for locker which hold up to 18 cases supposedly, but mine is more like 15.

Do you insure your wine collection?

Seattle: $25/cs/yr @32 cases size.
The larger size locker you rent, the cheaper.

$25.80/year/case in Jersey City
$60/year/case for the few cases remaining in Chelsea Wine Storage.

Which reminds me, I need to transfer the wine that’s built up there to JC (I use it to take delivery from places that won’t deliver to NJ).

Chicago.

~$15/year/case in self storage
~$25/year/case in full-service storage

Does your storage insure with the rental price??