If you could only keep 3 online retailers...

Envoyer
JJB
HDH
B-21

That is four, so sue me.

JJ Buckley
B-21
Peet’s Coffee ( [tease.gif] )

Chambers and b21. I use others, and some others are really good (Weygandt, Bassins, Rare Wine Company, etc.), but these two just have it all, Chambers for my quirky palate, b21 for its Bordeaux and daily drinkers.

1. K&L
  2. Envoyer
  3. Vinopolis

I’m from New York. My local home wine shops are Zachy’s (5 miles to the shop, 3.5 miles to the warehouse for pick up) and Grapes (Posner 4.5 miles). My local office wine shop is Crush (5 blocks) . Why would I deal with an on line retailer? On line is for winery allocations.

Enjoyer would be enough although I buy a bit from Flickingers

Sakaya (NYC)
Gary’s Wine (they are local, are nice folks and have occasional great sales on champagne)

I really buy only sake and champagne retail these days.

Winex
Envoyer
Vinopolis

Jason

WineBiD
Vinopolis
Avalon

K&L is local or I would have to list them

I totally get that. half the shops I order from are in your area. I wouldn’t pay for shipping either if I had that kind of selection within (easy) driving or walking distance.

Interesting that I don’t see SommPicks. Bought from them on the East Coast and more recently in CA.

Envoyer
JJB (Tracey)
SommPicks

Now K&L is nearby so even though they are online, for some crazy reason I don’t consider them that for me.

K&L
Winebid
Benchmark Wine

TTT

Flickingers
Benchmark
B21

K&L (but I always do in-store pickup)
Envoyer
SommPicks

Those are actually the only three I use. There are way too many great local walk-in options for me to want to hassle with shipping costs, logistics, risks. I can live with the shipping stuff from Envoyer less than 50 miles south of me, and from SommPicks 400 miles north of me.

If JJBuckleys website was better I’d consider using them.

K&L
Wine Exchange
Rare Wine Company

K&L
K&L
K&L

Envoyer.

Everything else is widely split between 10 different merchants, from K&L to Chambers and Crush. I go for deals or harder to find and fairly geeky wines. A number of great retailers but I’m not going to overpay for loyalty. I get shut out of low-allocation deals by even the best of them (goes with being a small fish in a big pond).

Bassins is my local brick-and-mortar store, so I’m lucky there, given their phenomenal selection and service.

Lol IMO you listed the three hardest to use websites (besides maybe Flickinger) and then complained about my favorite. you can’t possibly think envoyers site is better than JJB

I don’t use Envoyer’s website, but I find their email ordering system to be very easy. Agree their website is awful.

SP is super easy, and I love how I can view all whites on one page, and all reds on one page, and they’re sorted by region, and then alphabetical within.

And do you really find K&L’s website difficult to use?!?

Flatiron wines
Plucky wine shop
Moore brothers