If only one country...

Portugal: great reds, good whites, followed by smatterings of South African wines and toss in some Lebanese and Grecians and one could live happy.

Lebanon. I could drink Musar every day.

Australia

Can’t recall the name(s) and they don’t export them to the US. The only thing I recall is they had an affiliation with Haut-Bailly. Would love to explore more of Tasmania, but not easy to do from here.

I’d go Germany but if that was removed then I’d probably go with New Zealand.

Toss up between Portugal and Argentina.

If I have access to all the wineries in the country…then my answer would be Austria with New Zealand as a close second.

Calm down, it’s a joke son!My tastes have turned to bourbon, but I guess these days
everybody is just looking for a fight. [soap.gif]

Calm down, it was a joke son! But I guess these days
everybody is just looking for a fight. Sorry, that I forgot to use the tongue-in-cheek font.

Yes, Portugal, Austria, Australia (in that order), and maybe add New Zealand for the Pinot.

+1 for the reasons that you stated. My cellar is 90% European, but not 90% French.

Count me on the Portugal train, though I’ve never tried Portuguese sparkling, which would be a necessity

Portugal for reds. Greece for whites.

Almost there with this one, New Zealand for safety and Pinot, Portugal for the wilder side of life.

I’d go with Israel. Gotta support the tribe. Seriously though, I’ve had some very good Israeli wines (both red and white) that are made in small enough quantities that they aren’t available outside the country.

Probably Portugal over South Africa, but it’s tough.

Portugal, easily top choice. Now that they are making world class dry reds and whites to go with port and madeira, and there’s so much to explore there. Next tier: South Africa, NZ. Third tier, Argentina, Greece, Australia.

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Austria - easy.

Just for variety sake:

Canada-everything from awesome dry Riesling(Tantalus) to killer Chardonnay(Bachelder) and a solid range of red wines to have fun with.

But Austria is hard to pass up, and Portugal would be tempting as well.