If only one country...

Germany, but then I would probably need to do more exploring to decide among Portugal, Austria, and Hungary.

I’d give up wine and stick with cocktails.

Well if Burgundy, Oregon/Cali, and German Pinot Noir are all off the table, I guess I’m going with New Zealand.

Germany, followed by Greece. I’m watching this topic closely, so I can put those choosing Australia on ignore. [wink.gif]

Germany or New Zealand. The former lacks most red varietied (except pinot, of course), but has much better riesling. The latter has good chardonnay, cabernet, merlot, syrah and pinot.

Portugal if I was wanting to be adventurous.

Have to be Australia. World class Riesling and Chardonnay. Excellent dry Semillon. Improving Pinot Noir. Very decent fizz. Very good Cabernet, Grenache and Shiraz. Some majestic fortifieds.

Austria

Cambodia

South Africa. I’ve been very impressed with the range of grapes and the quality and balance of the wines from the best producers. Really underrated in the US.

Germany, the reds are an issue historically, but they have improved a lot over the last couple of decades (Spätburgunder, Lemberger, Dornfelder). Enough said about the whites, they are divine.

They next three: Portugal, Austria, Switzerland. Honorable mention: Croatia.

Australia. Because at least they know how to make really dry Rieslings. [stirthepothal.gif] [wink.gif]

Was curious if there would be any Croatia mentions.

Australia…though Israel or Canada could check a lot of boxes.

Probably Austria.

Belgium.

Austria, no doubt.

That’s easy, Austria. Germany is an easy second choice.

Solid choice. Ok, put this one in my second position!

What tasmanian sparklers did you like that much? I tried a few and was very unimpressed!

Georgia