Ideas for my first ever trip to Oregon Wine Country?

Patricia Green…DO NOT miss them…as well as the usual suspects. Eyrie, Dom. Drouhin, Argyle, Brick House, ect.

Find some of the “newer folks” in the Valley that people are raving about while you’re there. Leave room in every day for one place you didn’t plan for. That’s my advice.

So…

I am staying at the Allison Inn & Spa. Have tours set up with Bergstrom, Soter, Le Cadeau, Penner Ash and Beaux Freres. Hoping to meet Josh Bergstrom and Tony Soter, but thats up in the air. Have a request to John Thomas to walk his vineyard, but that would be a real coup. Have other requests to Maggie Harrison and Robert Brittan. We will see! Making the long drive with my girlfriend tomorrow. I will report back!

Roy, would strongly recommend adding Arterberry-Maresh to your list. Also, Carlton Bakery for breakfast, and Dundee Bistro for lunch–especially if you enjoy a good burger. Penner Ash is good for the scenery, not so much for the wines. Thumbs up to Bergstrom, Soter, and Patricia Green. Thomas wines are terrific. Ate at Nicks last fall–a little disappointing. Enjoyed La Rambla in McMinnville more.

Gary, will try!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I will post reports back.

I haven’t visited, but I love their wines, Big Table Farm.

He hated all of you? He’s very nice. You must have been quite awful. flirtysmile [wow.gif]

Looking forward to them!

What made you choose those? I’m curious.

Fixed. That’s what I get for trying to type a post on an iPhone while sitting in an airport.

My go to’s have always been Amity and Cameron, along with Brick House and Elk Cove (older rieslings are amazing).

Mo Ayoub is no longer at the Carlton Winemaker Studio, and is making his wine in his winery attached to his house. He is generally available on the weekends to host tastings (which, if you’ve never done, is an amazing experience). Just look up his number on his website and give him a call a couple days in advance.

Full Disclosure: I consider Mo a good friend, and have helped him out around the winery in various capacities.

Roy, looks like you made it to Thomas. Full report when you’re back, please.

Roy- any notes on the wines ?

Would you recommend anywhere in Salem to pick up sandwiches / snacks in between Cristom/Bethel Heights/Evesham?

Not a lot of tourism infrastructure in the Eola-Amity Hills/Van Duzer. Brooks has food service and does a solid job. Left Coast Cellars, adjacent to Johan also offer Lunch/snack options.

In NW Salem, Xicha Brewing is a good spot.