I won't go into specifics but...

I own a few bottles of the Cameron Rouge de Gris, but never tasted it. Just opened the 2014. Waaaay more interesting than any Oregon Pinot Gris I’ve tried (edit to add, instead of “interesting” I should have noted “distinctive” as Eyrie’s PG and Your Clover are really interesting, this wine is a different animal than those). Not sure if it’s the fermentation on the skins, the Vineyard source (Abbey Ridge), the ripeness, or the Cameron funk (oh, it’s there, although I found it subtle but others may find it more obtrusive), but a very interesting wine with a nice savory component. Not one I’d want to drink regularly, but I would not be disappointed to drink 1-2 bottles a year.

Even though I really enjoy your Ramato of Pinot Gris, I won’t mind at all you working with Clos Electrique cuttings of Chardonnay at WR at the expense of Pinot Gris.

A lot of this, and I’m a generally perking my ears up for anything in the Friuli-Venezia Giulia arena where it can play center stage or just play ever-so-nice within a paint palate of varietals.

• another.

No opinion on Washington wines but a big +1 on Tedeschi-Trucks live. Outstanding performers

OMG. We agree again. Thread drift.

• 2000 Zind-Humbrecht Tokay Pinot Gris Clos Jebsal Sélection de Grains Nobles - France, Alsace (6/14/2008)
    This is an outstanding and extraordinary wine. Tasted with Olivier Humbrecht today at Zachy’s. I have had the 1998 of this wine, which was one of the best wines I have ever tasted, so let me compare them. This wine is lighter in color with higher acidity, crisper botrytis and a bit less sugar than the 1998. The 1998, which I had two years ago so approximately at the same point on the aging scale, was darker and more complex, showing the positive effects of aging. Olivier said that the 2000 will age more slowly and could last 20 to 30 years. In addition to the acid and botrytis, there was minerality, and various fruits including apricots, pineapple and pears. I expect that this wine will get better with age and develop lots of secondary characteristics. Olivier told one of the other people that he uses large barriques instead of small barrels, which keeps down the oaky, woody, vanilla flavors but I do not know if he was talking about this wine or some of his larger production items. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker