I want a new Pinot Noir list to join (or good options at retail)

Once upon a time, I had a small number of Pinot Noir lists I purchased from on a regular basis. Now, I’m just down to Rivers-Marie. I’m looking for something that will have both good value at the appellation level and also potentially have some nicer single vineyard options. I prefer more acid driven wines, but am not opposed to richer versions. I’ve been a member at Copain (during Wells Guthrie’s run), Littorai, Kosta Browne, Cirq, and have enjoyed Arcadian, Red Car, Rochioli, Windy Oaks, Dragonette and Patrica Green. I didn’t particularly find Rhys to be very compelling. Drew did not strike my fancy either.

I’ll also take retail suggestions. I’m too lazy to search. Thanks!

1 Like

Wayfarer

3 Likes

Just to make sure, but you’re seeking specifically California Pinot Noir producers, correct?

I would highly recommend exploring Oregon. A number of great producers participate on this Board.

7 Likes

One producer that I’ve been pleasantly surprised by is Aston Estate. Give them a try.

Kutch
Ladd Cellars.

8 Likes

goodfellow

9 Likes

Evesham Wood and Haden Fig In Eola-Amity region of Oregon.

3 Likes

Second for Aston Estate, another TRB wine.

Love the single-vienyard bottlings from Bohème/Kurt Beitler as well.

1 Like

I’m open to anywhere. I happen to live in California, so California has been the default.

Dehlinger, Scherrer

4 Likes

Thomas in OR. My new fave (with caveat that I don’t drink much Pinot).

Perhaps Clarice or Soliste in California. As others have suggested, give Oregon a try.

1 Like

Agree with Kutch. This would be my vote. Acid, pricing is great, wines have concentration and yet edges.

2 Likes

Lucia/Pisoni-Cali
McKinlay-Oregon (Only Retail, so have to search :slightly_frowning_face:, but worth it!)

1 Like

Ceritas is my favorite CA pinot producer

7 Likes

Lots of good options already mentioned, but I will put in Samsara. I had the chance to try a number of their wines last week, and they were all really good, and pricing is not so crazy. Santa Rita Hills region.

1 Like

Vincent

4 Likes

For Oregon check out:

Brickhouse
Evesham Wood/Haden Fig (already mentioned)
Vincent
Kelley Fox
Hazelfern
Martin Woods (Bednarik is great)
Hundred Suns
Big Table Farm

There are tons of others.

6 Likes

Ferren