I’m getting too old to buy more wine!

Actually the wines weigh less. Alcohol is lighter than water. But Manfred gets extra dense glass and bigger bottles to make sure that we all stay in shape.

They just use heavier bottles than that wimpy Bordeaux you love.

I would never let my associates touch my wine. It’s way too important.

Bore Dough? Me?

Hence his avatar pic of himself drinking SQN and not some wimpy Bordeaux! [cheers.gif]

champagne.gif

I don’t think I could get away with using associates, but I have found daughters’ boyfriends/husbands to be useful for this task - and safe, as long as the wine is in shipping boxes and not just cardboard cases or anything like that. The problem with those dudes, however, is that (these days anyway) they are rarely around on the days you need them.

My back is a mess and has been for decades, so I have a bunch of the 6 bottle carry bags that makes it a lot more manageable to schlep wine in and out of the basement. That said, I just added another VK500 to cut down on trips to and from offsite.

You gotta leverage to make money, Jay!

My time is way too important to touch my wine, as in moving it!

But sadly, I did have move about 12 cases this past weekend from storage to home to load up the new fridge. And I feel you old-men pain! I have a torn left bicep and two hairline fractures in my right wrist due to a cycling accident 4 weeks ago. This move sucked. I feel your pain.

The associates and mail room dudes - we have one big guy like Hodor - can handle all the goodies that come in this week! Shipping season, baby!

And PS. You need to hire me to find out my rate. :wink:

I love our mail room guys for getting the stuff from the mail room to the car (of course they have hand trucks and an elevator). Can’t take those guys home, though, and we have no elevator at home, though I do own a hand truck - which came in very handy during cellar renovation (and again from time to time during occasional reorganizations).

Your firm hires Hodors??? Only in Florida!!!

I also own a hand truck. Used to be great when I worked getting wine from my office to my car. Not so good going down steps.

Instead of “Hodor” the guy only says, “Alfert!”

I thought he only says Sociando Mallet!

He calls me Pimp Daddy

Huh?

They have the pleasure to work for the coolest, hippest, sexiest, smartest, funniest partner and mentor on the “truth” side of the Mason-Dixon Line. They actually buy me gifts. My fave associate gets me an 18 year Islay Malt every Xmas. He makes the most $$.

I love my peeps.

I live on the same side of the Mason Dixon line as you do and know how to make boiled peanuts!!!

I will concede to being as much of a faux Southerner as I am a faux Cuban!

I am as deficient in speaking Spanish as I am in boiling peanuts. To be frank, I do not like boiled peanuts. There is something not right about them.

The taste, for one thing. But that’s probably quibbling.

As a young and speedy member. I really enjoy watching you old farts slowing down a bit and letting some of us young bloods get the bottles you wish you bought. Now if you could only do that with your housing too!!!

TW

It’s ‘cause you’re wasting all that money on lattes and avocado toast.