I Have Pappy 23, Want Pappy 20

Everyone has their own ideas which is the best, i would say 20 by a mile

True dat
Want to buy a 80% of a bottle? [snort.gif]

And another thing. After a year of no movement, now there probably is 78% left

It is smooth.

Pm’er
No deal

I want high risk premox white burg. Let me take your risk off your hands. What good is a Montrachet or Chevalier that is shot? Not as good as this bottle. It is good. Tastes like bourbon

[winner.gif]

i believe sushi was the deal. deal!

for the 78% of the bottle, I’ll hand over 1 bottle of 2005 or 2006 FX Pichler ‘unendlich’ and a crisp $100 bill…

deleted grouphug [head-bang.gif]

PeterEJ without the last name and from Los Angeles (only Peter in LA?).

1. You need a last name on this board.

2. You’ve violated the ‘Rule of Todd’, talking about price here, and negatively commenting on my offer. Pants down, time for 50 lashes!

3. Do you either have a counter to my offer (1 for 2) or do you want to come inside my offer and make a better offer to people who might want to swap? Either good with me!

Thankfully not the only Peter in LA. I supposed SOME bit of anonymity on a public forum is good when trading high $ booze.

Not commenting negatively. Some people are more sensitive than others, I suppose. If you feel insulted, I apologize.

I will trade you one Pappy 20 and one Van Winkle 10 and $100. And for the record, you’re right for trading 23 for 20. 20 is better whiskey

Ok. We have a market for anyone who has Pappy 23. The market is

2 Pappy 20

vs

1 Pappy 20,
1 Pappy 10,
$100

And I will counter.

Instead of 2 Pappy 20, I’ll take
1 Pappy 20
1 Pappy 15
And $100

So now, the market is

1 Pappy 20 and 1 Pappy 15 and $100 vs 1 Pappy 20 and 1 Pappy 10 and $100.

Let’s see this trade. Pretty tight market. Someone has to care, no?

So if you have Pappy 23 and want to trade for (Pappy 20, Pappy 10, $100), contact Peter EJ Los Angeles
Or if you have (Pappy 20, Pappy 15, $100) and want to trade for Pappy 23, contact me.

That is a deal if you love Riesling!!! One of the BEST Austrian Rieslings I’ve had.

Kirk. I agree. But I have too much, went way too long. Want a 12 bottle case of the 2006 for $1,800??

Peter - no affiliation but there is a listing on Bottle Spot offering a PVW20 + WLW for a PVW23…just another data point for bid side of your marketplace…

Anyone??

I hand over 1 pappy 23
And you hand over
1 pappy 20 and 1 pappy 15

ok. New idea.
I hand you pappy 23
And you hand me
??

Give me a fair value swap for other rare bourbons. Eagle rare 17? Stagg? Parkers 27? Old willett? Pappy 20?

Make me a fair package and I’ll deal…

Pete,
Why don’t you just sell it and buy the bourbons you want on the secondary?

Joe. Lots of bid/offered spread there. Selling means selling on the ‘bid side’ and buying means buying on the ‘offered side’. I’d guess 20%+ of overall frictions lost. If there’s someone out there who really wants to try Pappy 23 but can’t bring themselves to pay the full offered side, but they’ve been lucky to buy a range of other interesting bourbons at good prices, it’s a win/win.

So, on the one hand, I could say “It’s just a couple of hundred bucks of frictions, who cares”, but part of this is how you live your life. I spend most days trying to beat the ‘frictions’ that get in the way of transactions of all types, trying to find ways to do things in the ‘middle’. Same here…

How about Straight up for a Black Maple Hill 16

How about pour me a drink before you try to rape me?
This trade aint close.

Here’s a database with where whiskeys have traded at auction.
If you want to propose something away from these numbers, gonna have to show me data to support it.

http://www.whiskyauction.com

The database has BMH16 trading at around 60% of Pappy23

how far off do you think we are?