I HATE EVERYTHING. BUT . . .

Thanks, I’ll do that with my next order.

Speaking from experience, a steak buying addiction is cheaper than a wine buying addiction…I made that trade off nearly two years ago after my first flannery order…has saved me some $ but I probably made up for that in cholesterol :slight_smile:

Ordered some Flannery to cook up at my brother’s spot this weekend … perfect thank you gift for some time at his winter FL rental. I’ve been loving my Berserker Day ones at home!

Thanks Robert Parker!

Another vote for California Reserve. Required, whatever the cut.

As for Parker, he actually did help introduce the online wine world to Bryan as I recall.

I keep imagining this being said with the duck and the suit. It is compelling.

Welcome, David. One of my favorite Flannery memories was serving a Cali Reserve rib cap to my dining group and watch tears run down the cheeks of a friend when he tasted it (and, no, it wasn’t my cooking)

Have to admit, some of the best steak out there.

I skipped the Bday offer just because I still have a bunch of the really excellent deBragga steak in my freezer. And the dogs raw food meatballs take up a lot of space too.

sounds like we’ll have to start shipping yours in unmarked packages!!

What’s PETER “LUGARS”?

A place where sniveling pedantic shits don’t get seated.

Next time, try Texier.

Ah cool. [thankyou.gif]

I will say that I’ve occasionally had meat from other sources that is as good. But I’ve never had meat as consistently good every single time.

Well, with the exception of the Miyazaki Wagyu from deBragga but that’s a whole different thing.

Next Berserker Day we should get Everlast to offer Wine Berserker Boxing Gloves. They can make them in 3 colors: Burgundy, Merlot, and Rosé. [cheers.gif]

i’m a huge proponent of the reverse sear but the easiest way to do it is with a probe thermometer that has a manual temp alarm (the one i have starts beeping at 10 degrees below the target which is helpful). for thicker steaks, i pull at 110F internal and then go straight into a hot pan. no need to rest before since it’s very slowly/gently getting up to temp. salting in advance is also a major factor. i typically do it morning of and let it sit in the fridge on a wire rack.

the steaks are indeed tremendous. if you ask for the ones with the big caps, you get the ones with the big caps. which is what you want.

Somewhat true, though it was other folks talking about it on the board that got his attention (my recollection is Manlin, in particular, but there were probably others). I knew about Bryan from his store in Corte Madera, you must have known long before me, living near there!

Nah. Not Parker. At a steak lunch at Jeff Leve’s maybe 15 years a ago, David Schacter told of a butcher that his brother liked in Corte Madeira. Thereafter, Leve ordered some meat from Bryan for the next steak lunch, that we had to raise a little money for 9/11 victims. It was great and Leve told Parker about it. Manlin, Horowitz, Tony V, and I were there among other assorted miscreants.

My favorite is Flannery’s grass fed Wagyu (whole side dry aged) strip steak.

Nah. Not Parker. At a steak lunch at Jeff Leve’s maybe 15 years a ago, David Schacter told of a butcher that his brother liked in Corte Madeira. Thereafter, Leve ordered some meat from Bryan for the next steak lunch, that we had to raise a little money for 9/11 victims. It was great and Leve told Parker about it. Manlin, Horowitz, Tony V, and I were there among other assorted miscreants.

This! [highfive.gif]

Cheers!
Marshall [wink.gif]

Was this for rare or med rare?