I am a CT delinquent.

[rofl.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

On topic, I used to be extremely diligent. Now, I couldn’t care less. This probably has a lot to do with the significant decrease in the size of my cellar. I’d love to think that I’d get back to it, but have realistic expectations.

I think I should be 100% accurate but probably am about 95-97%. I am sure there are a few bottles either not entered or not withdrawn.
I enjoy entering new inventory - that way I can see that others confirm the good purchases. I also check were others buy their wines down at the bottom of the page.

For the few I actually buy from the PLCB - I always note how many other bottles are purchased from the system.

Only thing I am a bit lazy about are the labels.

I enter new additions as soon as the wine is ordered or brought home. As times I am not as good at entering deletions however. When dear son is getting a few bottles or a group is over and we are pulling bottles things don’t get taken care of. I do an inventory report however as soon as it cools off and I just update my CT inventory with a manual physical inventory.

Like at least a couple other respondents, I stay 100% accurate, and find it strangely therapeutic to enter new purchases. Aside from the data-entry therapy, I also find that my tasting notes are more informative if I enter them right away, at the same time I mark bottles as consumed. Unless the wine was truly outstanding, I find it difficult to remember the secondary aspects of the wine a few days afterwards.

I don’t think I’m anywhere near the point of needing the barcode feature, although the gadget-freak in me wishes I was.

I can see falling off the wagon at some point with daily drinkers, but my anal side hasn’t let me do it so far…

Definitely on the “anal” side. All 420+ bottles and 73 pendings are believed 100% accurate. I have found a few errors with daily drinkers the wife did not tell me about, but the reds which are in a separate cellar are rarely off.

We used the barcode function religiously but the labels are hard to remove from the bottles. Are there any laser printer labels that are easier to remove but stay on until you want to remove them (too much to ask for)?

I am extremely anal about CT as well. I make sure everything is correct at any given time. I also tend to play with CT and see what kind of different reports I can come up with. Sometimes I just stare at the contents of my cellar on CT because I am obsessed. If I ever get fired, I’m blaming it on CT… [tease.gif]

As long as you don’t blame WineBerserkers!

Not sure about Avery/laser labels, but there are ‘removable’ versions of some of the Dymo labels. They are still pretty sticky though. If I am going to bring bottles out and don’t want people to see tacky details like the price then I just re-print a label and stick it over the last one.

There are some removable Dymo labels but it is a pain switching them with the address labels I normally have loaded in the printer. The Dymo clear address labels scan just fine, aren’t as ugly as the white, and remove fairly easily if you do it at cellar temperature or warmer. If you chill a bottle with a label on it, it is a lot tougher.

No wonder some wines you brought to offlines had some funk…

I think my CT inventory is as accurate as possible considering who is doing the inputting. [truce.gif]

I feel I am very up to date on purchases and consumption. It is location where I fall short especially in my Vinoteque where I constantly move bottles around. [oops.gif]

I also do not inventory daily drinkers.

Cheers!
Marshall [wink.gif]

I used to be super anal about entering the wines in when I buy them and consuming them (+ notes) that night or the next day.

Lately though I have gotten pretty lazy about it and I have had to perform a couple of inventories (I only have about 50 bottles at any given time, so it’s not much of a chore) to check what is there, what should be there, and what is “missing and presumed drunk.” (my favorite consumption tag, although it has only rarely been used. But it’s genius because it is a very nice way of saying, “I was really wasted and I don’t remember opening this bottle, but it’s gone.”)

I love this thread from 2009, as there are still a # of posters in this thread who I not only hang out with today, but they continue to post here on WB, too. Marshall, Bruce, Leo, Erf…many who still come to Falltacular today, year after year. Thank you, Todd!

LOL! I am very good about logging wine as I buy it. Less effective at logging them when they arrive. Horrible at deducting them as they get drunk

I knew this was a WAY old thread when I saw Melissa McCall’s name as the OP!

I enter everything. I use to not put in the price and regret that as I would love to see some of those deals I used to get. Every know and then I go through and update something I drank that never got edited at that time. Love the Cellar Tracker! Thanks, Eric!

Yeah! I thought she was back!

Frank - spending a lot of time recently robbing graves, I see.

I estimate that my CT data is approximately 97% accurate - a serious calculated number representing the number of bottles that I still list that are not there. About 2% of the missing 3% are wines that I have flagged in CT as either removed for an event or probably drank it but still searching, so in both cases I leave them in the data until I’m sure. The remaining 1% represents bottles drunk recently that I have not removed, but that’s easy because every time my data says there are two bottles in the same location, one of them is already gone. There are another 4% or so that represent cases on the floor that I have not yet logged.

Me too! I am 99+% accurate. Have a pile of bottles that need to be officially “consumed” But I always close the circle, if you will. I have a couple of holes that are from emptys that were thrown away by guests or something odd like that, but I even fix those when I have the chance.

Export to excel, create a pivot table by location, and then confirm the raw bottle count in each. Any discrepancy you can track back from their, but much easier than trying to go bottle-by-bottle. I can do 500 double deeps in five minutes with the trusty flashlight.

I would say I’m at 99.9% accuracy. Need to get to barcoding someday for that extra layer of security… Plus it looks cool.