Humorous (?) note on a CT Review

Wasn’t sure how to title this… A while back I purchased a few 6 packs of a Washington “second label” which was highly promoted by a former WB poster whom really enjoyed drinking wines over “three” days and rated their improvement during that period. Since this time I repeatedly see further CT reviews on these particular wines in my Others on My Wines. To my point, for one of the vintages there are 20 reviews in the last 6 months of which 18 are this reviewers! Now I have really enjoyed these wines , especially for the price point ($20+/-), but when is enough, enough??

2 Likes

I do see the challenge, as it’s good to put a proper TN into CT when drinking a bottle, but after a while it can feel repetitive to keep posting detailed notes, and the alternative e.g. similar to previous bottles, a little more complexity than last year etc. can feel a bit lame.

I’ve never really had a ‘house wine’, as I value the diversity of wines available, but many people value having such a reliable favourite on hand.

Result of a crush? I have to say, I do miss the days of his posts. I got an irrational amount of guilty pleasure reading the online battles

2 Likes

Oh, man; I don’t miss that guy!

2 Likes

Dammit! I thought I chose “private mode” for those notes!