How many hours/days into 2022 before you bought your first wine

Nothing so far, and trying to make it to BD without buying anything. Hopefully nothing at Costco jumps out and screams ‘buy me’ later this month!

As per the inventory reduction thread it counts on the day you pay for them.

On a personal note I’ve now gone 34 days without buying any wine.

No Jay, it doesn’t count. You are still a ‘22 buying virgin.

Have had trigger finger and mouse hoovering over several “order” clicks since noon 1st January. Gently pulled back, closed the tabs… Not sure for how long. Never “signed up” for the cellar reduction thread for a reason, but 2022 might be the year.

Nothing so far. I’ve purchased only one bottle since December 2. Really no interest currently. After last year, I think I feel about buying wine the way I feel about food for at least a day after going out for dim sum.

1 Like

42 hours, 15 minutes: 1976 Mayacamas (the catalyst for the order), 1991 Heitz Martha, and 1982 La Lagune.

13 hours for my 1st case
Commerce corner for 2nd case
Aubert this Thursday!

80 hours. Michel Fallon Ozanne.

I lasted nine hours. Purchase at 9:04 AM on January 1st.

1 Like

I made it until 11:07 am on January 2nd. Trying to hold off now until Saxum offering, then Berserker day. Of course the deals/coupons thread here could waylay those plans.

Absolutely nothing.

10am 1/1 2b of 2017 Pierre Morey Meusault Perrieres

2 Likes

I’m tempted by these now that they’re under DIAM (at least as of 2016).

Bought a few 17 Mascots to ensure access to 18s later this year. Offer closes tomorrow. Looking ahead based upon prior years I’ve got RM Pinot and 19 Seaver cab this month but that could be it for a while. This is my year to scale back quite a bit as I get closer to 60 with a very full cellar

Have been sent some private offers and one from Ciacci Piccolomini direct, but am trying to hold off til next week. Aubert & Saxum.

I should be able to make it until Aubert next week.

36 hours and ordered a case from Turley.

Well that lasted all of 3 hours. Bought 3 bottles of a wine to be named later

85! I’m so proud of myself.
Thanks David!

113 hours but then just a couple of btls of Côtes du Rhône for current drinking.