How many hours/days into 2022 before you bought your first wine

Sigh … ditto.

interesting how quiet winebid was last night. i placed some low ball offers early last week and got 3/4 of the bottles i bid on.

not complaining.

Haven’t bought anything yet. But my last purchase of 2021 was timestamped 7:00 PM Dec 31.

I’m surprised I got a bottle of Horsepower grenache on winebid for $86. Must have been very slow.

Eleven hours, first purchase.
Thirty-six hours, second purchase.

Ominous start to the year.

Pulled back from the brink at 6:30am on January 1 for some Pol Roger so yeah I’m still clean, can’t say I feel good about though.

Same here. As far as I made it.

Jan 1st at 11:31am

I’m not buying anything until BD, unless I can find 2012 Dom for =< $175/btl between now and then.

Double ditto.

I started with bids on 12 bottles. Lost one on Saturday, but last night while watching the Vikings get their asses handed to them by the f-in Packers got outbid on 7 more. After the game I saw all the “Reclaim your Wine!!” emails from WineBid and thought it must have been an active night!

I was complaining!

K&L, 46h 40min in. 2019 Enz Mourvèdre FOMO.

So, the wine I bought on Sunday (1/02) was during grocery shopping, an inexpensive wine for cooking, a couple of Champagnes on sale. That almost qualifies as food.

-Al

Jan. 01 at around 6:02pm PST. So that is 18h. 2m.

< 6 hours. I can talk myself into almost anything.

So far so good.

My wife wanted some 375s of Chianti. Does it count if I got an offer on 12/23 and sent a request for the 6 bottles on 12/30 at 8:48 pm but I haven’t picked them up yet? Is that like premature ejaculation?

Holding strong. Luckily I bought enough wine in 2021 to cover 2022, 2023 and 2024’s buying as well. I think 2/1 is a realistic “stretch” goal for me.

64 hours. Yay me!
2020 Myriad Dr Crane Cabernet Sauvignon

I still haven’t bought anything but boy have I been pondering what to buy next. That said the last purchase was made on the 29th so less than a week ago…