How many different Burg producers are represented in your cellar?

I think I have a single bottle of Burgundy, currently. I drank my other (Chablis) tonight.

59 producers… Probably too many

The top 50% are:

Jadot
Taupenot-Merme
Mongeard-Mugneret
Fevre
Michel Gros
Lamarche
Louis Michel
Rousseau
Billaud-simon

1. I am surprised about having that many. But only 17 that I have a case or more of.

59 including red and white. About 60% covered by the top 10.

56, but extremely concentrated at the top amongst Fourrier, Hudelot-Noellat, Millot, Dubreuil-Fontaine, Gallois, and Rousseau.

1. The plan (in the mid-80s) was to find an array (geographically) of white and red producers accross the Cotes de Nuits and Beaune and Chablis. And, that’s exactly how it panned out…lots of long verticals of a relatively concise group of producers. I always fantasized about having great, intellectually rewarding tastings…and still look for them with my inventory (Cellar Savant, now defunct), but that’s all I do. No demand for them…and my interests have changed.

The whites are much more focused: 6 producers over lots of years in the Cote de Beaune, and 1 producer in Chablis. And, until now I hadn’t realized: that producer in Chablis is by a pretty far margin by largest “representation” in my cellar. And, I’m very glad, even if I’m pretty surprised that this is the case.

I’m at 20 right now.

27 and growing

I did not count Beaujolais producers. I think of Burgundy and Beaujolais as two different things. As for Chateau des Jacques, I would have included them in Jadot anyway, so I would not have changed my count.

Okay, well after manually weeding out the Beaujolais miscreants [stirthepothal.gif] , I’ve got 34 producers, although only five where I have more than a case.

One… and I’ll probably regret it!!

I’m just curious, Randy, since you are in the business: aren’t you invited to taste lots of producers by reps? Aren’t you curious about what you have on your shelf? As a consumer, I feel no particular compulsion to explore, but if I were in your biz, I might approach it differently.

68 red. But just a few make a large number/proportion

dozens–my inventory is totally out of whack and every cellar visit is a surprise. No idea. Lots of rare onesies–Claude Dugat Chapelle Chambertin 1999, lots of multiple case purchases old and young.

62 here

467 btls from 80 producers.

I’ve largely stopped buying most of my top 10 holdings from Rousseau, Mugnier, Roumier, D’Angerville, Dauvissat, Fourrie and Bouchard with the exception of; Chevillon, Billaud Simon Chablis and Fevre. I was lucky to amass some my great producers before the pricing went crazy. Lately I’ve been adding Gaunoux and the two Trapets.

I have one more :slight_smile: