How many different Burg producers are represented in your cellar?

Which begs the question: did you find new favorite producers / bottles because of Jonathan’s collection or vice versa?

1. Which surprised me since Burgundy makes up about 6% of my cellar!

The total is 42 different domaines, but it is really only 15 if you impose a 12 bottle threshold.

Brodie

Of those 7, 2 are just a bottle or two, while the other 5 I have in quantity (for me, meaning a case or more).

Certainly, though more in Riesling than in Burgundy, where he’d focused more on great dry producers than I had, which are now a passion for both of us. I don’t think there were very many Burgundy producers that one of us didn’t know at all before combining cellars. He wasn’t familiar with Clavelier, and there were a few smaller producers I hadn’t encountered, but none that have become areas of focus or favorites. There were, however, a number that we both knew and liked, but only one of us had cellared: Rion, Truchot, Neillon, and Mugneret-Gibourg to name a few.

Approx 80- 85, which is notably ridiculous in my case, since i suspect I own quite a few less bottles of Red Burgundy over all than Don, Howard, or Sarah. In fact, I believe there are only 4 Domaines of which i own 12 or more bottles in any vintage from any climat: Pavelot, Bachelet, Jadot, and Fourrier (though if you aggregate the “Mugneret’s,” even leaving out Mongeard-Mugneret, they would make it). The different sites, the different years, the different plays (GC, 1er, village vs. price in any given year) just differ so much, that it’s hardfor me to stick a small group of producers and within them specific wines from specific years (though I am aware generally speaking which wines from which producers tend to be preferred).

76 producers, but 19 of those are only represented by two bottles or less. There’s also some weirdness, like a couple bottles listed under Christophe Roumier that aren’t included in Domaine G. Roumier, for example.

49, but only 15 are 6 or more bottles. Probably 10 of these are bojo as well.

No clue. Fewer than bordeaux, more than German (which is zero)

26 I thought that was a lot until I saw some of the other posts. I try to keep our collection under a certain amount due to self-imposed storage constraints. :wink:

Seventy eight.

Gotta catch up with CellarTracker, this is total guesstimate:

About 20.

That would be about 4 each Cotes de Nuits and Cotes Chalonnaise, and a dozen Cotes de Beaune.

How do you count Chateau des Jacques Moulin-a-Vent? I know it’s Beaujolais, but it doesn’t taste like it and the ‘producer’ is in Beaune.

Dan Kravitz

86 but of those are 24 producers each of which account for one or two bottles. Another 24 account for three or four bottles each. The top ten account for about 54%.

This is a relief after the guilt I felt posting in the Bordeaux thread:

If you’d asked 20 years ago, pre-premox, the number would have been much higher. But all whites.

Zero. I believe we have 4 at the store and those were determined by Cellar Tracker notes, WS and WA ratings/notes, with a few hints from those who appreciate Burgundy. The languish some, but it is my fault because I can’t speak to them personally, only what I’ve read and I have to tell customers that so I don’t get caught hyping a wine I’ve never tasted.