How many bottles of 750ml bottles for 35 people?

You would have to ask my good friend Counselor Mollen that question. He introduced it. I just played along in a game that few will understand. Like so much else on this Board.

Great humour on this site - no doubt !
Been following for a while, not posting much, but time will come…
matthias
newhere

My wife drinks me under the table, but it is white wine so that doesn’t count. Four cases on the safe side, construction workers are a tough lot. [snort.gif]

I know you know this but do coach the hotel staff to not fill the glasses to the top! Wine training at hotels and for events is spotty at best.

Are they Berserkers? For that group I would allow 2 bottles per person, and some Champagne, and maybe a dessert wine…and perhaps a post- postprandial digestif.

That was my plan when I had Fu, Charlie, MarcF and a couple others over, and we went through 2.5 each exactly as you noted! We did not hear from poor Marc for 2 days. Fu went to Bern’s the next day, then Vegas, while I went cycling. [cheers.gif]

The classic is, for a man who professes to have zero humor, he unleashes some classic humor on that post, and it was not comprehended. I chuckled several times at both of them.

neener

It’s a joke. Kevin’s posts suggest that he does not subscribe to maxim “All things in moderation.”

Didn’t anybody notice the (j/k) at the bottom of Neal’s post???

Thanks…trust me, I’ll be on it.

Restaurant.

Be sure not to run out of your excellent wine, but also consider some of the recommendations made above are for mixed gender wine lovers in wine tasting or wine dinner settings vs a group of women executives with unknown interest and experience levels with wine, who may also be networking/partially on the job.
As pointed out the time factors of the event are not clear.
Therefore, it is quite possible consumption will be less than anticipated with this group. Please report back on the actual consumption, I am curious to know how much is consumed. I am going to guess if this is group is 30 guests, two cases, or less, consumed [scratch.gif]

Service logistics also factor here. If there’s a glass per wine, there will be more leftover in glasses at the end of the night than if diners have to empty before a refill. Further, if staff is trained to keep glasses full, you’ll see a lot more poured through than actually consumed. Working back of house at bigger events, I’ve witnessed lots of mis-signaled service.

You have the number I’d go with.

Cheers,
fred

Richard - do you recall what vintages we shared when you visited me?

06, 08, 11 Special

Work related functions / dinners, people tend to drink more. Logic would assume otherwise, but I’d guess its people offering to refill and not wanting to turn down the offer. Lots of left over wine in glasses, I’d imagine, but I like the logic of # of bottles = # of guests +1.

Will there be other drinks served? Or just the wines?

Thanks…those are out of the running due to low inventory.

Just 3 vintages of EMH Black Cat Cabernet - no other wines or drinks being served at the dinner. No men allowed! Part of the deal is that they want a chance to get up close and personal with a female founder of a wine business as they consume the fruits of that business.

Another factor I overlooked in consumption (vs amount poured) is the restaurant and staff will probably be paid according to the number of bottles poured, right?

Which three vintages are you pouring? I’m curious :slight_smile:.

As likely non wine fanatics, you should expect your guests to not be that finicky about the different vintages, and to love your wines.