Horsepower 2012

Kapcsandy priced themselves beyond my means so I may take all 9 bottles here.

What is the shipping reimbursement? I chose 3-day at checkout and it was pretty steep.

I received this email, I am not sure how many people were affected:

Your recent shipment of 2011 Horsepower Wines was delayed, because UPS did not deliver your shipment on time even though you paid for expedited shipping. We would like to refund the shipping charges on your next order of Horsepower wines.

Due to the difficulty of shipping we experienced this year from unseasonably cold weather conditions and the volume of packages in the during the holiday season, we are moving shipping to early March as weather conditions permit.

To accommodate the schedule change, Ordering for the 2012 vintage wines will be moved from May to January. You will receive an email shortly with more details.

After you place your order, you will see a credit from us for the 2011 vintage shipping charges.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Best wishes and happy holidays,

The Horsepower Team

Thank you Bill. Sort of rings a bell. I need to check my email when I get home. I do seem to recall they delayed shipping…not 100% sure.

That credit is a nice gesture given the shipping costs.

Got 3x3. In for all of it. Very nice gesture re: shipping credit this round.

Hmm… went 3x3 and never got a shipping credit… ? (and yah i bought 2011 too)

Almost $200 for CA sales tax and shipping on 9 bottles. Ridiculous! Not sure I can pull the trigger on that premium.

I’m not going to take my 3 bottle allocation of The Tribe Vineyard Syrah. If anyone is interested, shoot a PM my way and it’s yours at cost.

With shipping to VA and sales tax it comes up to about $140 per bottle for my allocation of 3 bottles for the Tribe. So I am making the same offer as David, if anyone would like the allocation PM me and it is yours at cost.

Folks…I emailed post-purchase re costly shipping and received a response today that there was a miscalc on shipping rates and I will be receiving a refund of about 1/3. Still higher than I’d like (and mostly due to the wood cases), but significantly more reasonable.

I wonder if they’ve corrected the mistake in their ordering system yet?

I just checked - for shipping 3x OWCs to Scottsdale, AZ I have the following options…

UPS Next Day - $177
UPS 2nd Day - $105
UPS 3rd Day - $82

Still seems excessive if you ask me.

What rates are others seeing?

These fairly new Internet sales taxes suck… I mean really suck. I just looked at the sales tax and shipping charges for an allocation of Aubert and couldn’t believe what I saw. The government always seems to screw up a good thing! God only knows how “Net Neutrality” will impact us.

David…The issue here (and going forward for other wineries I suppose) is that FedEx and UPS have altered pricing to incorporate size (in addition to weight) to a greater degree in determining pricing. And if you recall, the Horsepower box is huge. I am now paying $76 for UPS 3-Day from WA to TN for 2x OWCs…your prices seem in line.

Adam

I would love to see a shipping credit. Mine was $183 for 3 day select. I wanted 2 day, but add another $5 per bottle. I normally pay $3-5 per bottle, not $20. At some point, I wish we could choose not to have the wood, or cardboard 3 pack from wineries. I don’t store them in wood anyway.

+1!! I’ve wondered why wineries don’t offer an option to ship in a regular styro/cardboard shipper for those of us who could care less about the pretty packaging.

Ok got an answer from the winery… if you picked 3day/2day shipping last time (for the 2011s)… you’ll get that cost credited back b/c UPS screwed up…

I picked ground last time so no credit/impact on that shipping fee

Thanks Mark, I did not see any credit, and I chose 3 day for the 11’s. I’m sure it will show up soon.

Order in.

I thought after the holidays it was recovery time for the wallet. Based on the past couple of weeks, it’s becoming the exact opposite.

Just a follow up - I did get a shipping credit for some oh the shipping charges for the 2011’s. I did not contact Horsepower, they did it on their own.

I do wish Horsepower and cayuse would allow for some shipping flexibility without wood or cardboard three packs. My next Cayuse shipping is going to kill me.

Dave, it sounds like you only got partial credit. Is that correct?