'Hors Categorie' offer - new Christophe Baron project

22 minutes in and not only did I not get on the list (wait-listed) but still don’t have confirmation. It’s still loading…

Same here. Won’t open.

I’d like to make the mailing list, but it seems pretty popular this morning - I’m not optimistic.

Got my waitlist confirmation at 12:38. Hopefully the wait is not as long as Cayuse, going on 7 years now.

Got my waitlist confirm at about 24 minutes past the hour, the main site loaded at 9 on the dot and said the mailing list was already full, so I have my suspicions that he had all of his initial spots allocated to current Cayuse/HP/NG before this whole fiasco was even underway.

1 Like

Got my waitlist confirmation at about 9:37am. I’ve been on the Cayuse list and buying full allocations since '09 vintage and buying HP/No Girls from the start, and can confirm that there was definitely no preferential treatment (at least for me!), though I wish there was. But with only 500 spots up for grabs, you have to imagine they went pretty quick. Frustrating nonetheless.

Huh, yeah I saw he mentioned on the site that the signup info would go out early to the current members at his other projects so I just assumed it meant an early open, I stand corrected :slight_smile:

Yes, took me 40 minutes to get through the process…frustrating as I really wanted to get on this list!

So, I’ll be there first to throw out: if $240 a bottle is more than you want to pay but you want to hold your spot on the list, I would love to help out!!

Rich

Guessing the wait list message is just confirmation your form was successfully submitted. They probably need to de-dupe entries and create accounts. Those who made the mailing list will likely get an email in the next couple days with login info.

Oh shit we got an allocation, now what?

$240 apiece for a bunch of Hors? Must be high class…

Cheers,

Hal

Same here; was not expecting that.

Woohoo!! Made it!!!

Both of the Hors P & C are beyond my means. Cayuse and No Girls are a stretch, but I grabbed the brass ring the last time around. newhere

Order placed. Two bottle limit. I assume since this project is small, only the one syrah will be produced?

I am selling my 2x allotment at cost: $550, which included tax + shipping.

PM if interested, Paypal transaction.

EDIT: SOLD.

Why even sign up? The essence of cookie licking. “I dont want the cookie, but I’m gonna lick it so no one else can take it either”

I have received my allocation, would anyone want to buy a bottle? PM if interested, PayPal or Venmo ok.

2016 Release is live.

Are people buying?

Just found this thread. I’m a long time Cayuse buyer and I think they represent a great value for what they deliver. Don’t need to spend $240 to get high 90’s scores. Don’t even need to go the extra $$ for Horsepower. I bet BF holds its own. Lots of comparisons to SQN.
I think SQN is in a class by itself - no one comes close. Is the same true for Hors Categorie? If this was Napa cab no one would think twice about $240/btl.