Henri Bonneau has passed

William,

That’s interesting, and not surprising. The 89 vintage really seems to be coming on these last few years, and the Celistins has a ton of material. 89-90 Rayas has eluded me so far, but hopefully I can rectify that soon!

My vision of heaven includes having a few glasses of said wines while discussing them. Comparing great wines with an empty glass sounds more like the other place.

True! [diablo.gif]

BTW: I would warn everybody to purchase Rayas-vintages before 1996 without ensured proveniance … the corks are without any vintage brand and the triangular vintage label is easily exchangable … you might pay a small fortune for a (believed) 1989/90 - might be disapointed when tasting … and never know what you´ve actually drunk.

Why do you feel J. Bressy shouldnt have taken over?

The style of Gourt de Mautens (Rastau) is quite different from Henri Bonneau … a bit “forced” and over-exctracted, lacking elegance and natural flow …(imho) …

But that´s not relevant anymore since it is known that Marcel Bonneau is helped by Daniel Combin, the former owner of the vinotheque Ballon Rouge - he marketed Bonneau´s wines from app. 1995 onwards - and still does, but now not via Ballon Rouge but via his own company.

The last released vintage is 2014 - 2015, the last vintage vinified by Henri, is still not in the market (and I don´t know if already in bottle).
2016 was made without Henri … we´ll see …

Just got the "13/14’ NV Henri Bonneau Vin de Table du Vaucluse Les Rouliers
wish I could buy the higher level wines but these are pretty tasty.