Help, I'm in trouble.....the wife wants white Burgs!

Jorge,

I don’t have much to add to the great advice above. I would note that in the past, I used to drink the Leflaive Bourgogne and in more recent years the Roulot as my Summer drinkers. The prices on these wines, especially the Leflaive, have risen beyond my comfort zone and now I buy them less.

I guess I’m not alone as a Burgundy lover who has transitioned to other regions given the Pre-Mox epidemic. I find many wines from Austria and Muscadet to be reliable and good values for the money.

A few wines that I’ve enjoyed this Summer that would fit your price point but are not Burgundy:

2008 Schloss Gobelsburg Gruner Veltliner Gobelsburger (56 Degree Wines $14)
2007 Michel Delhommeau Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine Cuvée Harmonie (Wine Library $12)

Jorge,

not sure where you shop - usually it’s easier to recommend stuff based on a wine list that you can actually buy from. Lots of great advice above obviously, try to look into St Veran as well, they should be inexpensive and most of them are really good. Otherwise don’t forget to stock up on 07 Chablis.

Josh,

I do not know if the premox issues have faded yet. It seems it is better from the premox wiki.
I have not tasted this particular bottle yet but I have been warned that this will be a Boillot vintage to buy especially in Meursault. (Not just Allen Meadows thinks this)

Yup…values are there to be found.

Jorge, you are in my wheelhouse…you were in last week, you should have said something…

I guess I wouldn’t worry about the pre-mox issue w/ what you’re looking at Jorge. You aren’t likely to age any of these long enough for it to be a factor…

Lots of great recommendations in this thread already, but another one to consider if you run across a bottle is the '07 Chateau de La Greffiere Macon La Roche-Vineuse. It’s a Weygandt-Metzler import that has a nice, firm acidic spine to balance its fruitiness on the palate. It’s not the last word in complexity or depth, obviously, but its rare for me to find a white burg in this price range that grips the palate as satisfyingly as this does.

Dan,

She made the proclamation a couple of days ago…after our last encounter. Whaddayougot?

What a dedicated husband you have turned out to be, Mr. Henriquez! [give_heart.gif] [drinks.gif]

Love a nice crisp, unoaky white…

Why thank you Mrs. Dolcemascolo. [thank_you.gif]