Has the commerce corner jumped the shark at WB?

I did not see that coming…

It is hard to believe that with all that happens on this board that you are getting close to being the first person I ever block. Now to figure out how to do that.

I think you pissed off a lot more people than you realized with your initial post. Pity, as I admire anybody taking the plunge and starting out in the wine business, and I wish you the best with that.

Tom
How will the shipping process work? Can we accumulate and pick a shipping window or is each offer shipped upon order?
Please PM me about options to ship to NJ. The Douro white looks intriguing. Hoping to package that with some other offers something like this would not otherwise hit my radar

Thanks for your interest Tony! I will send you a DM shortly.

I can’t unfortunately be everything to everyone and thus won’t be able to please everybody, much like most things in life. All I can do is try my best and believe I can offer great value to plenty of wine buying folks.

While I am by no means a marketing genius, the wines I will offer and the great prices will speak for themselves.

There are a lot of nice wines. There are always deals to be found. You are just one more guy who does this. The difference is that you are starting your business by antagonizing your customers in a very public way. And then when people point it out to you, you shrug and say “whatever, I gotta be me”.

Good luck with that.

Do you have Juge? newhere

I have to admit it makes me chuckle too!

I dont think coming out with a post stating that your Champagne is better than Krug is a particularly good way to market, a berserker saying it is one thing but a business has to back that up and i dont think going after Krug is something you should do to promote yourself

Well, first off this is not “my” Champagne. And, well your point is just your opinion, to which you are entitled.

Just like you are entitled to your opinion, I am entitled to mine. If you don’t like my opinion, move on.

To add, if you look at the details of the winemaking and Terry’s note you’ll see why I can draw that parallel as both this Hebrart Champagne and a typical Krug GC see a good amount of oak.

This idea that it can stand up to or even best Krug is my opinion to which I stand by and am confident those that know Krug and like it would be quite happy with this wine, especially at 2/3 cost of Krug GC.

Yes

Thanks, I have added about 75 people to my mailing list from posting on WB, 25 since this thread started yesterday. I also have had quite a few healthy transactions with people that have seen my offers.

I’ll note that I am not violating any WB protocol in my posts.

Sure, some people have some not so nice things to say, but I am just one dude selling the good stuff at a fair price. If you don’t want that then that’s your prerogative.

Tom,

What states do you ship to? Also, do you sell private wines on a consignment basis?

The states where all are permitted to. We. An also work with some 3rd party shippers in some cases.

Ha, right, I am the one antagonizing, I have not said 1 iota of anything negative to anyone…kind of the opposite but you are free to your opinion.

Tom, you need to take a step back and take a breath. You responses are quite aggressive, and I am not sure you mean to come across this way.

Even when someone asks a perfectly legitimate question such as where you ship, your answer is terse and indifferent. In this case you are most definitely acting against self interest, as Donn is a serious wine guy and one of the nice people on this board.

I get the feeling you think you have milked this board, but there are plenty of people who would have responded, but for this thread. So, as I suggested, you might want to take a step back and use a more conciliatory tone.

This thread needs a reboot. What I originally saw as a few people whining incessantly has turned on its head. Tom, you need to tune out of this convo.

Brings to mind tho old joke anout the guy walking down the road.
“Ew what’s that?
Looks like dog crap.
Feels like dog crap.
Smells like dog crap.
Tastes like dog crap.
Sure glad I didn’t step in it.”

If I was posting on a site dedicated to tool lovers that had over 30,000 members and only got 75 customers signed up on my list I wouldn’t brag, I’d wonder where the other 29,925 were buying for less.

Tone comes across so poorly in electronic formats like email, text, etc.

I apologize if I ruffled any feathers in regards to general commentary and suggestions, they have not gone lost. Outside 1 particular person on here that attacked me personally, everything else has been just normal discourse.

If you had the chance to share some wine with me or speak to any of my current clients you would have a much different perspective than the ones that get teased out here by folks that don’t have the purest of agendas.